• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server RO2 Web Admin Guide

Is there a way you can change a players team as an admin using webadmin?

Is it possible? I can't find an option for it.

It might be handy,but it might also be a good way of emptying your server,players are very fussy about which team they select and suddenly being switched to the other side (balancing) might not go down well.

Upvote 0
I think there are a few things being confused here as its a very confusing thread.

I think forcing players to switch from axis to allied is a no go, so Mike you will always have a K98 at your side.

What you could do when there is an unwanted balance issue is throw the poor sod into spectator mode and say something like "until the teams are balances, you are watching the game."

You will find most RO players are happy to play either side but the game will always attract those that share the ideology of the forces the game depicts.

I find the direction swap very fun and if that can be done with suitable balance I give it a thumbs up.

And finally since the thread is all over the place - map balance. "Oh this map is so in favour of the defender." To this I say "if you play attack and win, that is a far greater victory"

I know map balance needs to be sensible but there are other ways to do this and it can be done without changing any of a maps dynamic. For example what if you offer a multiplier of XP or other points based on the difficulty of attaching of defending a map.

An attack will take place only if there is an advantage. "Unless the TL is a tard". I dont think Sun Tzu would express it that way.

Upvote 0
Installing maps/bots

Installing maps/bots

I would like to know what the difference is between brewed and cooked maps and where to install maps on my FTP (filezilla) so they showup in the admin panel and ingame?

Also

how do you have bots automatically with maps when your not on, as it seems I have to manually add them each time I play?

Upvote 0
You can do it with ServerEx mutator. However, this will bring one bug.

Bug: Some players can see some enemy players as dots on overhead map (just like you see your teammates). This bug only occurs on second round of the map, first round is ok. Bug occurs on both stock and custom maps.

I must say that afaik this is not ServerEx mutator bug, ServerEx is just switching sides as told. But because of this bug, you can not really use that feature, I'm afraid.

Upvote 0