• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Linux Servers

i think microsoft is paying off twi to force ppl to use their crappy os.

Microsoft would have better things to do with their money, considering how few RO2 servers there are in the grand scheme of things.

It's probably more like, TWI don't have the time or resources to put into a Linux server while they are working on Rising Storm.

If the game had REALLY taken off, and retained thousands of players, we might have eventually seen a Linux server, but with the relatively limited player retention rate the game has had, I can't help but think this won't happen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Microsoft would have better things to do with their money, considering how few RO2 servers there are in the grand scheme of things.

It's probably more like, TWI don't have the time or resources to put into a Linux server while they are working on Rising Storm.

If the game had REALLY taken off, and retained thousands of players, we might have eventually seen a Linux server, but with the relatively limited player retention rate the game has had, I can't help but think this won't happen.

I think more people would be able to host servers which would help the game if there were a Linux client. Many games do have Linux clients - as MOST servers run Linux due to how effectively and efficiently it uses it's resources. It may be too late for any of this, though.

Upvote 0
We are realy interested in Hosting RO2 Servers on Linux too.
Windows-Server is no Option for us...

We are interested to support the Basic-Game and Future-Mods/-Addons in Multiplayer and Co-op play.

There's a big interest in the global community.

Please support the Community-Interests, and make your Current and future Customers more satisfied.

Tell us what the Resonsible Persons at TWI need, to keep developing Linux-Server Binaries back in Mind.

Maybe a Petition?! Maybe Collect small Fee's from interestet Community-Groups / Clans? Or selling as seperate aaplication / Addon?!

We save more Money in buying an application once, compared with much more needed Hardware-performance and Windows-Server license's we have to pay monthly.

Just keep in Mind...

With friendly regards, Dagged

(Sry for my bad English)

Upvote 0
Bumb..

Any news from the devs about this concern? Now that the first UE3 game is released natively on Linux we should be thrilled. Still after a while (months (or even a year) after last news) there hasn't been anything solid about this matter.

And after Linux bins for x86 then there comes ARM cpu support ;)

edit: https://twitter.com/icculus/status/281520555977482240 - go and follow if anything appears. RO2 mentioned ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0