• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Linux Servers

Peep

Sep 2, 2011
I was wondering if anybody has any idea on when Linux binaries would be released. I know they are not planned for launch, but perhaps a few weeks after? I hope I don't have to switch to Windows over this, I would greatly prefer Linux for obvious reasons.

Edit: They did say they'll look into providing Linux binaries if the demand for them is there. If you want Linux servers, it may be a good idea to say so in this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Juby
Here you go,

First let me get this out of the way - for all of you that e-mailed me about
hosting servers for the beta/RO2 and never got a response, I apologize. I
thought I would get a couple dozen requests but in reality I got hundreds of
e-mails and got overwhelmed. So if you didn't get a response from me I'm
sorry but we underestimated the interest from server hosts (but I am happy
you guys are interested).

I'm sorry to say but we've made the decision to hold off on having Linux
servers for RO2, at least for the initial launch. We will be looking at the
possibility of putting out a Linux server version post launch depending on
what the level of demand there is for them. We appreciate the great support
the Linux server admins have given Tripwire Interactive and our games over
the years so thank you again.

Regards,

John Gibson
President
Tripwire Interactive

Upvote 0
This makes me mad :(

Let's hope for linuxfiles after relase, i have only debianboxes and my GSP use only debian. Linux is faster, more stable (if u know what u do) and cheaper. We have a lot of Game-rootserverprovider here in germany, they all using Linux and nobody can run a RO2 server.

-Waiting for linuxfiles to host a server-

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Linux servers, PLEASE !!!!

03620805-photo-windows-vs-linux-jpg.jpg

Upvote 0
We need requires to be a lot of administrators linux that builds upon the binaries.
I'm afraid they not builds that,if there is very many admin server on linux.....
I never go on windows,because it's not good enough and stable compared to linux....

and it is also not the same cost ...

with my team we already have a Linux server for Insurgency and Resistance and Liberation. I can not ask them to take another server on Windows for an additional 15 euros per month just for the license ... Less performance, more cost, it is not ideal for teams!!

cost1.gif

LINUX SERVERS, PLEASE !!!!!

Upvote 0
I want Linux binaries too, but I understand their absence during the beta. Tripwire doesn't do the Linux binaries in-house so rapid updates that are required during the beta test aren't going to happen. I have hope that they will be releasing them after the beta, but it depends on the demand. Most GSPs already have Windows servers, so really Linux servers are going to be mostly limited to personal servers and clans. Make your voice heard if you want to see Linux binaries after the beta!

Upvote 0
another vote for linux server binaries

another vote for linux server binaries

I have complete rack for my business in a Chicago DC and I took a 1u server and had to put windows on it. it's a crying shame. I like the game, I love the fact you guys are gamers and created this for gamers. But windows servers ? urgh !

I cried, when I have to install win2k8. not every efficient when it comes to hosting websites or game servers.

I look forward to the day of a linux server release.

Upvote 0