• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Counterattack Map Pack 2 Released

:)

One of the things that I have continuously lamented is players and operators continued reluctance to invest in the custom maps. These new MCPs are some of the best maps available. And after thinking about it for awhile I imagine that some RO2 owners may be playing them for the first time. They are going to be thrilled. I've been told that the need for re-cook after a new patch has been resolved. If this is the case, than the only remaining gripe might be the reluctance of some players to take the time to download updated betas. These events should go a long way toward making custom maps more accessible.

Upvote 0
Wh... Wher... Where did you hear this?! This is amazing news if true! You better be right because if you're wrong, my excitement will be completely dashed.

We have found a way to do an update that won't require a recook, but it can cause some weird things to happen if we aren't careful, and it can't be used on large updates. We are still working to find a better solution to this.

Upvote 0
We have found a way to do an update that won't require a recook, but it can cause some weird things to happen if we aren't careful, and it can't be used on large updates. We are still working to find a better solution to this.

Sounds like amazing progress. This will hopefully encourage more people to make maps and even upload to the Workshop (despite its buggy nature).

Upvote 0
:)

One of the things that I have continuously lamented is players and operators continued reluctance to invest in the custom maps. These new MCPs are some of the best maps available. And after thinking about it for awhile I imagine that some RO2 owners may be playing them for the first time. They are going to be thrilled. I've been told that the need for re-cook after a new patch has been resolved. If this is the case, than the only remaining gripe might be the reluctance of some players to take the time to download updated betas. These events should go a long way toward making custom maps more accessible.

That's because it's complicated as **** installing custom maps on one's server, and the documentation to do so is so hard to find.

Upvote 0
That's because it's complicated as **** installing custom maps on one's server, and the documentation to do so is so hard to find.

:D Do tell? I used to update 9 servers. Five of them featured custom maps.
I managed to get it done; beta by beta; re-cook by re-cook. Welcome to server custodianship. You're in a unique fraternity. :cool:

Upvote 0