• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Rising Storm (and SDK) Preload Available!

I preloaded and was actually able to join 3 servers. It's really glitch right now, the weapons are gaining a level for each kill, but when the next map loads you loose about half those levels. I'm pretty sure everything is going to be reset tomorrow, but there are already people out there with high level guns.

Upvote 0
With Rising Storm releasing tomorrow (Thursday, May 30, 2013) the game is now available for all those who have pre-purchased (as well as all those who currently own just RO2) to pre-load. This will allow you to download the game early and start playing as soon as servers update with the released version of the game tomorrow. The SDK will also be available for pre-load the same way, which is:

1. Right-click on your current "Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad" install (or RO2 SDK install) in your Steam library.
  2. Select "Properties" - "Betas" tab.
  3. Use the "Select the Beta..." dropdown box - select "Preload"
  4. "Close" - and your current RO2 (or SDK) install will update with the new Rising Storm content.
Please note - we will be closing down the beta a few hours before the release of Rising Storm tomorrow.

Good luck, have fun, see you on the battlefield!

Ok late to the party here. Its Thusday morning. So I uninstalled RO2 RS beta then installed RO2 heros of Stalingrad.
Followed the above instructions. Then nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong here.?????????

Upvote 0
Hi Guys! I pre-download the stuff for my HoS Game, but what now? How long i can play, before i need to buy Rising Storm? I dont have money right now But i want to buy it next month so, how is this work? thers a countdown and if its 0:00 then i cant play at all until i buy it or something else??

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=1224394

Upvote 0
Hi Guys! I pre-download the stuff for my HoS Game, but what now? How long i can play, before i need to buy Rising Storm?

You need to join servers (now) which have used the RS beta tag, which is the mandatory update for RO2 once Rising Storm releases.

Once Rising Storm is released, it'll be part of a normal update for RO2.

Am I making sense? I could be wrong about something so someone do correct me if I'm not.

My server has been reloaded although I'm not sure many people have done that with their games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay I dont understand, maybe im stupid but..

I have Red Orchestra 2 heroes of stalingrad, and i just pre-purchased Rising Storm.
In my steam menu i've got the option to install Rising Storm Beta. To play Rising Storm at release, should I install the Rising Storm Beta or should i just do the preload in the HoS tab?
Thanks.

Upvote 0