• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Rising Storm Release Date: May 30, 2013

So much early negative comments, the beta has been a blast to play and people who haven't played rising storm have been waiting for a patch for ro2, so with the release we will have the long awaited patch, with the all the improvements from RS. Rising Storm is already pretty polished with very few bugs, most minor, especially when compared to the RO2 release.

Upvote 0
So much early negative comments, the beta has been a blast to play and people who haven't played rising storm have been waiting for a patch for ro2, so with the release we will have the long awaited patch, with the all the improvements from RS. Rising Storm is already pretty polished with very few bugs, most minor, especially when compared to the RO2 release.

Is a dev allowed to say "Yup, that is pretty much how we feel!" :) ??

Upvote 0
Okay, that was quick hehe.

Anyway I have a question. Since Rising Storm is being integrated into RO2, do you get RO2 if you buy Rising Storm? Still a bit confused over that. Just asking because a friend wants to buy RS, and I want to able to play with him on servers that change fronts. So does he have to get RO2 separate?

And yes, good luck Tripwire. I hope it sells well.

Edit. One more question
Since the stats will be reset. Will I be forced to play on action servers until my rank is high enough?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seems like a future release date at least a month out (instead of 2 days) may help build anticipation and buyers, no?

Also, any concern about unanticipated conflicts and bugs from merging RS with RO2? Just curious bc it sounds complicated and, as Yoshiro explained to me before, even small patches can negatively effect unrelated code and break things elsewhere

Upvote 0