• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Rising Storm Release Date: May 30, 2013

Sorry but that is simply not possible - remember that the game will sit in the existing RO2 app ID; so the only way to do pre-download would be to disable RO2 for all people currently playing it.

Yeah i thought about that, was expecting a startup command line as an option for those wanting it or any optional solution, well i'll have to find someone who got it fast and ask for folders structures and try the trick of moving beta files then do a steam verification, or not, depends when it is released for me, it's it's 7pm like usually steam releases i will leave the pc on all night and be able to play it next afternoon hopefully, will see ;)

Thanks for the answer and again good luck.

Upvote 0
Yeah i thought about that, was expecting a startup command line as an option for those wanting it or any optional solution, well i'll have to find someone who got it fast and ask for folders structures and try the trick of moving beta files then do a steam verification, or not, depends when it is released for me, it's it's 7pm like usually steam releases i will leave the pc on all night and be able to play it next afternoon hopefully, will see ;)

Thanks for the answer and again good luck.

I think moving the beta files over to RO2 would work to possibly lower the update size.

Upvote 0
Something to keep in mind, we aren't playing the latest build. Developers usually have an internal build that they cook nightly with different bug fixes.

I can expect a lot of the current bugs in the semi-open beta have already be squashed, but not really worth a big patch.

Guess we'll see.

Congrats on the release Rising Storm team and TWI!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seem like there isnt any real game breaking bugs so nice one TWI and RS team, can't wait for Friday now!

What, why would you even buy RS to play it offline?

I don't play it offline myself, but I do imagine that many new players will try out the training mode before going to multiplayer. It would certainly leave a bad taste in my mouth as a new player if I got that stuttering when first trying out the training modes.

Upvote 0