• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Rising Storm: Peleliu

Just to give everyone a little more Rising Storm to think about, here is the latest map which will feature in the game: PELELIU. Set in September 1944, the US Marines need to force their way through the ruined airfield buildings in blistering heat, to take the iconic Japanese headquarters building (also featured in the HBO series, 'The Pacific') and beyond. The terrain is flat, hard sun-baked ground, scattered with ruined wooden buildings, the concrete HQ building itself and small hangars and storage buildings, providing elements of longer-ranged combat, as well as vicious close-quarters fights once the American forces can break into each fortified Japanese location.

Screenshots are on the front page!

I remember reading about this battle in E.B. Sledge's memoirs. Hope it is as hard for the American team as it was in real life. Really looking forward to trying it out.
meh, then you'll hear the incessant griping about how the map is unbalanced, blah, blah, blah. Personally, I don't mind a good challenge. Bring it on! Some, however, seemed to think you should spawn in the objectives with guns blazing and pulverizing the enemy (regardless of which side you are on). I had to leave a server the other night because "those that know everything" were *****ing and moaning about spawns being too far from objectives and that the axis ALWAYS win (It was guadalcanal I believe). I guess they forgot to bring their security blanket and bottle with them. Suck it up, change your tactics and enjoy the thrill of victory when all hope has been lost.

Just my two cents.....

Upvote 0
Just curious, will there be another map in the future featuring the (in)famous ridges of Peleliu? (if there are any such plans that is), considering the fighting there lasted for months etc. The terrain itself would also be very interesting to see ingame, sort of like Iwo Jima but even more rugged with higher slopes etc. I would imagine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
At this point, I think we just have to assume that no new tanks are ever going to be added.

The RS team already said straight up that the initial release was not going to contain any tanks or armored vehicles. HOS on the other hand...

Just curious, will there be another map in the future featuring the (in)famous ridges of Peleliu? (if there are any such plans that is), considering the fighting there lasted for months etc. The terrain itself would also be very interesting to see ingame, sort of like Iwo Jima but even more rugged with higher slopes etc. I would imagine.

I'd also like to see the Iwo Jima map expanded on at some point, I mean Mt. Suribachi is just right there already modeled, so tempting .

Last edited:
Upvote 0