• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm Invitation Beta is live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
are people who have supported RO since the mod being invited or do we have to battle for these keys on websites? I've owned RO since it was a mod, then standalone, then beta RO2 etc etc. I don't mean to sound harsh or rude or anything but shouldn't the fans who have supported you guys from the beginning get invites via steam or something?
Yes, this is the most disturbing thing. There are some guys who are supporting TWI since the beginning. They own RO1, participated in RO2 beta, then bought DDE, they own KF since the release + all the DLCs and they are planing to buy RS on day 1 too and they can't get a free beta key. Why we even bother? I don't want to sound offensive but it is how it is. 99% of the keys will go to some CoD players who will see that RS is not CoD and will never go back while the true supporters that will stay with RO no matter what have to wait 'till the end. I think its better to support your loyal community more than trying to lure the CoD community. You tried to hook them with the overall enhancement of RO2 and the only thing you achieved is to loose some of the vets :( :\

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1, Anybody on what's 'InB4Reset'? just curious

2, This is also a dumb question, but what would i have to do if i became a beta tester??
I would guess it's not only 'play the game!', but i don't know what the devs can expect from the random guys getting the keys, in terms of help, assistance etc. :confused:
Answer please :D

Upvote 0
Won't be signing up to some naff site for beta access. :rolleyes:
Yup , was on my way to make one for the AUS site when i was informed by a mate that the keys were over, i was ready to sign in ( with a temp mail address ) but i give up playing this lotery now, if by chance i get a key by someone I would be very happy, otherwise i will probably look some videos of guys run and gun style with semi and full auto hip firing vs bolts rifles like we saw recently i guess ...

1, Anybody on what's 'InB4Reset'? just curious

2, This is also a dumb question, but what would i have to do if i became a beta tester??
I would guess it's not only 'play the game!', but i don't know what the devs can expect from the random guys getting the keys, in terms of help, assistance etc. :confused:
Answer please :D

Since keys seems to be given to totally random people i would think it's just to play the game and without any NDA to sign in, for what i understood they give the key then you enter it on steam and it's done, probably many gameplay videos coming soon to streaming websites too, i bet that the vast majority of the guys who picked up the keys in the AUS website don't have an account on this forum and probably never will make one even if they find out a bug ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, this is the most disturbing thing. There are some guys who are supporting TWI since the beginning. They own RO1, participated in RO2 beta, then bought DDE, they own KF since the release + all the DLCs and they are planing to buy RS on day 1 too and they can't get a free beta key. Why we even bother? I don't want to sound offensive but it is how it is. 99% of the keys will go to some CoD players who will see that RS is not CoD and will never go back while the true supporters that will stay with RO no matter what have to wait 'till the end. I think its better to support your loyal community more than trying to lure the CoD community. You tried to hook them with the overall enhancement of RO2 and the only thing you achieved is to loose some of the vets :( :\

Oh god you just reminded me of how ro2 was on release, MKBs for everyone! A large amount of those vets never came after that. I want a key but at the same time, they are probably only giving the keys to those sites because they are getting free advertisement in return. Which they will need for the upcoming release.

Upvote 0
majority of the guys who picked up the keys in the AUS website don't have an account on this forum and probably never will make one even if they find out a bug ...

Did you really think that this key giveaway is for "real" testing?
This is advertising, they want to say "we are happy to announce that game is ready for sale"
They don't looking for testers now, they searched for testers several times, here on this forum..

Summing I'm happy that I will play Rising Storm very soon, thanks!

Upvote 0
Did you really think that this key giveaway is for "real" testing?
This is advertising, they want to say "we are happy to announce that game is ready for sale"
They don't looking for testers now, they searched for testers several times, here on this forum..

Summing I'm happy that I will play Rising Storm very soon, thanks!
That's exactly what i was saying maybe badly expressed but that's what i was saying answering the question #2 i quoted, people who get those keys are not there to test nor they probably ever saw this forum or would even care to report something if they see it ...

As for beta testing i would have applied for sure if skype was not mandatory, there is nothing in this world that will make me install this crap on my computers.

Well like i said have fun with the beta people who can play it.

Upvote 0
That's exactly what i was saying maybe badly expressed but that's what i was saying answering the question #2 i quoted, people who get those keys are not there to test nor they probably ever saw this forum or would even care to report something if they see it ...

As for beta testing i would have applied for sure if skype was not mandatory, there is nothing in this world that will make me install this crap on my computers.

Well like i said have fun with the beta people who can play it.

Don't worry K@n@y, Skype isn't that evil :D

Now, what about them beta application that was on during last September?

Upvote 0
I hope those keys get put to good use and help fill up the servers.

Exactly. New Blood :p

are people who have supported RO since the mod being invited or do we have to battle for these keys on websites? I've owned RO since it was a mod, then standalone, then beta RO2 etc etc. I don't mean to sound harsh or rude or anything but shouldn't the fans who have supported you guys from the beginning get invites via steam or something?

All will have to by the looks of it. They did already give people a option to and did advertise on here for the Alpha/ Closed Beta phase of things.

Just wait and see what will happen though.

Chris

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.