• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm Invitation Beta is live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoshiro, I played now a few matches and it was pretty nice but I asked myself if there will be a honor level for each game or one which covers both games? I think it would be better if you have your RO2 honor level also in RS and just level the new classes.

Both games will have a separate honor pool.

Upvote 0
Just to drive this point home: The best way to participate in our tests (in the future) is to be part of our forum community with constructive feedback and detailed bug reports.

We do not know who you are (member with 0 to 5 posts) :( Make us know who you are (and how awesome you are) by being part of our community here.

I am a member with a lot of awesomeness here and specially there in steam in the game with 310+ h of playing RO2, and I am fan of this game which made me run from site to site....from Facebook to Facebook to steam group to grape a key fro the game I love fro three day.....refreshing pages:( and made me make this conversation and these posts...because I am not happy with what is going on with the game and community that I love.

Upvote 0
The entitlement issues from many posters in this thread is saddening, especially when many RO players like to think of themselves as being more sophisticated than, say, the CoD community.

You dont deserve a beta key for just being a RO2 player. If you can get one through the marketing means, then congrats. Otherwise wait until the potential open beta due out soon like the rest of us. Or play it at release this Summer.

Its time to grow up a bit.

For the record, Ive been a RO player for ages, and I dont have a key either. Its not a big deal. Ill play it soon, that's all that matters.

Upvote 0
Im afraid its past the point of just getting a key now, all these faithful supporters feel they have been left out by a community they have been supporting for a long time. They've been through all the aspects of the game, the fixes, the bugs and ect. and just want to be recognized with more than an explaination of how the keys were distributed (which wasn't made clear at the start) The bad blood that has been started here will no doubt be a thorn in the side of the game, and the sales that might have been, might not be. Ive seen it before, every kid that can acquire a key will, and most will play it for a few days, then go back to minecraft or something like that, leaving the game to the hard core community members, who begged for keys, but got none. Its hard to see this on a high level, but its true, Ive ran gaming servers for over 15 years now, and marketing ploys to add numbers to websites or facebook will backfire on you, wait and see.

Upvote 0
Yup, I could have done that I guess, but with a baby on the way, and a business to set up, and the rough state of the game at the time requiring time commitments I could not make... I figured I would pass, as at that time I would not have been much use.

You see, this is the sentiment that I feared Tripwire was having.

Yeah forget the fact that we are the core base of your games.

Forget the garbage we had to put up with on the release of the game, and forget the promises made on making up for remaining loyal and sticking with you...

Now its...

"You pay a 'bit' of money, and now you want something!?!!?"

Err yeah... being your biggest diehard fans, I figured that you would want us to sit in the front row, or at least inside the stadium so you could hear our response to your new Album... but you have the idea that its better to keep us in the parking lot and be at the whim of scalpers...

What you think we think we should get RS for FREE??? (even though that was the old promise)..

No... We don't.

We will gladly pay...

Because we are your CORE - WE WANT YOU TO F-CKING SUCCEED!!@!!

Being the most experience RO gamers in existence, you would think you would want us to see the new version, before you start putting it out to a finicky dumbed down COD audience, who do not have the same level of bug tolerance...

Nah...

It is a terrible strategy... because you are ignoring the Core, and hoping noobs get it, when they probably won't...

Unless of course there is a core of Veteran, Solid gamers out there in the intertubes telling people... "Oh my god, I know that the RO2 launch was a total disaster for most of you, but now RO2 is solid, and this new Rising Storm is even better.... You guys have to get your hands on it!"

That creates the buzz... WE CREATE THE BUZZ!

All a game company can do is create Hype....

What is happening now is a sputter... and quite honestly a boiling over for the loyal core gamers who actually SPEND time with RO2... We feel shorted, overlooked, and now with sentiments like what you echo, and the way they are handling this INVITATIONAL BETA... spat upon..

Listen... RO2 is in my book, the best FPS ever made...

Yeah that's nice an all...

However... First crack at the Beta Invitation should have been the Core community... We are the ones who Pre-order, We are the ones who defend the game - IN GAME, We are the ones who the game is built for...

Getting new players could always be introduced quite easily once more of the kinks were worked out and the game was polished... So we don't have to sit there and tell the hyperventilating new players who are freaking out over game crippling bugs, "to relax, calm down... tripwire will fix it, don't worry they will make it right, its ok just give them a bit of time"

Oz of prevention is worth a Lb of cure...

We are feeling no love from Tripwire... and it sucks.

Sir, you said enough that i cant add anything more

Upvote 0
The entitlement issues from many posters in this thread is saddening, especially when many RO players like to think of themselves as being more sophisticated than, say, the CoD community.

You dont deserve a beta key for just being a RO2 player. If you can get one through the marketing means, then congrats. Otherwise wait until the potential open beta due out soon like the rest of us. Or play it at release this Summer.

For the record, Ive been a RO player for ages, and I dont have a key either. Its not a big deal. Ill play it soon, that's all that matters.

you missed the whole conversation ...and just want to say grow up!!!
this conversation is remark and alert on what i saw on the Facebook, steam and many other places..everybody is feeling very bad (fro the way and mean of distributing those lovely keys)...and I am as fan and core player to this game and this community and- played RO2 like no tomorrow- felt very bad about that.

that's the conversation

cheers:cool:

Upvote 0
Im afraid its past the point of just getting a key now, all these faithful supporters feel they have been left out by a community they have been supporting for a long time. They've been through all the aspects of the game, the fixes, the bugs and ect. and just want to be recognized with more than an explaination of how the keys were distributed (which wasn't made clear at the start) The bad blood that has been started here will no doubt be a thorn in the side of the game, and the sales that might have been, might not be. Ive seen it before, every kid that can acquire a key will, and most will play it for a few days, then go back to minecraft or something like that, leaving the game to the hard core community members, who begged for keys, but got none. Its hard to see this on a high level, but its true, Ive ran gaming servers for over 15 years now, and marketing ploys to add numbers to websites or facebook will backfire on you, wait and see.

Not only this, comparison will happen, many of the people compared this beta key thing and how Developers and marketing deal in other games when it come to beta keys and they have very very huge base fan...and they laughed on us and said: this is your favorite game and community....look how they dealt with you running around to get a beta key

Upvote 0

... Entitlement eh... ok you see it like that.

I call it loyalty, but whatever... you frame it how you can handle it.

We are more sophisticated gamers than the COD gamers... Most of us have played and dominated every COD worth playing, finding the development of that game degrading overtime, while it became a huge cash grab, for dumbed down masses to run around hip-firing down 2' wide hallways, with ninja slippers and thermal wall vision on...

Red Orchestra 2 is a more sophisticated game than any COD...it requires more skill to do well, and is more rewarding because of it... Which is why we play it in the first place.

The game we play is more sophisticated... not saying anything of the community.

You dont deserve a beta key for just being a RO2 player.

Yeah, nubs who read gaming mags totally deserve a beta key... :rolleyes:

If you can get one through the marketing means, then congrats. Otherwise wait until the potential open beta due out soon like the rest of us. Or play it at release this Summer.

Maybe you are right... time to put this hobby down and go paint or write poems.

You should have first crack at a key IMO- unless you are not interested due to what ever reason you want.

Customer loyalty means much to some... and nothing to others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not only this, comparison will happen, many of the people compared this beta key thing and how Developers and marketing deal in other games when it come to beta keys and they have very very huge base fan...and they laughed on us and said: this is your favorite game and community....look how they dealt with you running around to get a beta key

Exactly...

Nothing quite like having nubs who don't even own RO2 or RO, or DH, sit there and literally rub **** on Core RO players trying to get a key, for a game they have waited 2 years for...

Because they are a PCMAG subscriber and your not... so they get the Beta.. nah nah

Those are the EXACT people we want to expose RO2 and RS to first!

Any other feeling on the matter is wimpy Entitlement mentality, and you should grow the hell up!

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
... Entitlement eh... ok you see it like that.

I call it loyalty, but whatever... you frame it how like can handle it.

We are more sophisticated than the COD community... Most of us have played every COD worth playing, finding the development of that game degrading overtime, while it became a huge cash grab, for dumbed down masses to run around hip-firing down 2' wide hallways, with ninja slippers and thermal wall vision on...

Red Orchestra 2 is a more sophisticated game than any COD...it requires more skill to do well, and is more rewarding because of it.

The game we play is more sophisticated... not saying anything of the community.

Yeah, nubs who read gaming mags totally deserve a beta key... :rolleyes:

Maybe you are right... time to put this hobby down and go paint or write poems.

You should have first crack at a key IMO- unless you are not interested due to what ever reason you want.

Customer loyalty means much to some... and nothing to others.

Sir, No need to go paint or write poems...you are writing the most delicious poems to my heart with these posting

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.