• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Forum layout change for the upcoming Rising Storm!

I'm really pumped about the new maps and the new weapons. Japanese rifles attacks sound awesome. Thinking about it, I'm more excited about Rising Storm than about Company of Heroes 2 at the moment!

And I wouldn't mind paying the standard price for RS. I got so much fun out of RO2 for so little (got in with the GOTY-Edition) that I can spare a few coins for your awesome work!

Greets
Schepp himself

Upvote 0
The situation is, if you own RO2 you get RS for free with certain limitations (tba) on the RS content.

If you don't own RO2 and buy RS you get complete RS plus RO2 MP.

If you own RO2 and buy RS (which will be discounted for RO2 owners) you get full RS and, of course, you already have full RO2 MP and SP.

Could you give us also information about the matching of cut and uncut versions?
I`d like to know if a cut RO2 version matches with an uncut RS version and if it does do I get both uncut or cut?

Upvote 0
I wanted to know if a cutted RO2 version which I own will match with the Rising Storm uncut version I am going to buy. And if my RO2 turns uncut after I activated the RS code or if my RS version turns cut because of my RO2 version. Or do I have Rising Storm like a Standalone game in my Steam library and can play RS and RO2 with my RO2 version OR Rs version? I hope it`s clear now:D

Upvote 0
and what are you anticipating most in the new game??
I am anticipating the price. I want to know if I have to pay another 50$ for 50% new content since I already paid 40$something for RO2 DDE. Why everybody is getting RO2 for free with the RS instead of the opposite?

If you told us that RS is going to be stand alone game including RO2 before the release of RO2 everything would go in TOTALLY different way. Now I feel cheated because the newcoming players are getting RO2 for free, like a bonus to RS, while me and the whole RO2 community already paid for RO2.

I don't mind paying for RS but your marketing decision is not right, imo. The price of RO2 should stay high and release RS for free instead of dropping the base price of RO2 and then making it completely useless. You see - everybody will go for RS because he is getting 2 games for the price of one (or even less I guess).

Just my 2c.

EDIT: Btw skip "with RS you get just the MP part of RO2 and not the SP" part.. Pfft.. its like somebody is playing the "SP" of RO2 all day and night :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If the goal is to get all existing owners of RO2 to pony up for the full version of RS, all you have to do is lock the Flamethrower...... :p

Nah, after watching that stream that was linked in another thread, it seems like using the flamethrower is a dead man's wish. It's so attention-grabbing that you'll have the entire enemy team knowing exactly where you are.

Upvote 0
I am anticipating the price. I want to know if I have to pay another 50$ for 50% new content since I already paid 40$something for RO2 DDE. Why everybody is getting RO2 for free with the RS instead of the opposite?

If you told us that RS is going to be stand alone game including RO2 before the release of RO2 everything would go in TOTALLY different way. Now I feel cheated because the newcoming players are getting RO2 for free, like a bonus to RS, while me and the whole RO2 community already paid for RO2.

I don't mind paying for RS but your marketing decision is not right, imo. The price of RO2 should stay high and release RS for free instead of dropping the base price of RO2 and then making it completely useless. You see - everybody will go for RS because he is getting 2 games for the price of one (or even less I guess).

Just my 2c.

EDIT: Btw skip "with RS you get just the MP part of RO2 and not the SP" part.. Pfft.. its like somebody is playing the "SP" of RO2 all day and night :rolleyes:

Totally agree with you here.

Upvote 0