• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm - Live Broadcast via Gamespot!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm disappointed that they switched from the late war m1928a1 with the peep sights to this current one with weird open sights that I can't find anywhere on the internet. Plus the ability to hipfire the m1919 while moving just looks ridiculous. It would be cool to have type 99's for the riflemen and not just snipers, but I don't know, probably too late for that. Also I don't like that assault have type 100s at least on Hanto. However, I do like the ricochets that you can see at one point where he's playing as jap mg on guadalcanal. Also, the squad leader spawn bonus is nice.

Upvote 0
I'm disappointed that they switched from the late war m1928a1 with the peep sights to this current one with weird open sights that I can't find anywhere on the internet. Plus the ability to hipfire the m1919 while moving just looks ridiculous. It would be cool to have type 99's for the riflemen and not just snipers, but I don't know, probably too late for that. Also I don't like that assault have type 100s at least on Hanto. However, I do like the ricochets that you can see at one point where he's playing as jap mg on guadalcanal. Also, the squad leader spawn bonus is nice.

Lyman sight? It was around early-war, not out of the question for Guadalcanal or Cape Gloucester. When we get to Betio, Saipan, Iwo Jima, though, we'd definitely see the simplified non-adjustable L-type rear sight. Lyman sight was just too complicated to produce in the quantities needed.

I notice the Thompson also ships with 20-round magazines at first... unlock system ftw. Recoil also seems light on the Thompson.

There do seem to be a lot of Type 100s in all gameplay footage thus far... keeping my eye on that.

Hipfiring the M1919? Oh well. At the very least, put in an iron-sights-to-hipfire mechanic already...

I like the Japanese valiant grenade suicide mechanic, though. :D The tooltips in general are fantastic--if done well, they'll really help new players learn fast. The MG deploy system also appears to be more flexible?

Overall though, looking forward to playing me some Rising Storm in Classic Mode. Amazing job with weapon sounds and animation, the map aesthetics are PHENOMENAL, and the mechanics are looking pret-ty innovative.

Last edited:
Upvote 0