• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Gamer GDC Interview & Demo

A few things i've wondered since watching the footage:

Japanese Soldiers all sound exactly the same i.e. play the same death sound when being killed by the flamethrower, will this be varied up?

Instead of them just instantly being killed by the flamethrower, would it be possible to play an animation of them running round on fire (kind of like the 'last stand' feature in HOS, but without any player control).

Are there any purely destroyable objectives? In the video it was mentioned that an objective could be destroyed in order to stop it being re-capped, are there any objectives that are destroyable only? (As in can't be capped, need to be destroyed).

Upvote 0
A few things i've wondered since watching the footage:

Japanese Soldiers all sound exactly the same i.e. play the same death sound when being killed by the flamethrower, will this be varied up?

Instead of them just instantly being killed by the flamethrower, would it be possible to play an animation of them running round on fire (kind of like the 'last stand' feature in HOS, but without any player control).

Are there any purely destroyable objectives? In the video it was mentioned that an objective could be destroyed in order to stop it being re-capped, are there any objectives that are destroyable only? (As in can't be capped, need to be destroyed).

There will be more than just one voice. If you look it up on the Rising Storm website you can see that there are 3 japanese and 3 american voice actors.

Upvote 0
There will be more than just one voice. If you look it up on the Rising Storm website you can see that there are 3 japanese and 3 american voice actors.

This is true, but I still have to agree that so far all the current videos have the same voice sounds for the japanese when they die. :confused:

It's probably not very realistic. If you're engulfed in the flames from a flamethrower you're just going to fall to the ground immediately I think, the combination of the sheer pain combined with your skin and muscle...well being incinerated...probably wouldn't mean you could stand at all once hit, let alone run.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is true, but I still have to agree that so far all the current videos have the same voice sounds for the japanese when they die. :confused:

It's probably not very realistic. If you're engulfed in the flames from a flamethrower you're just going to fall to the ground immediately I think, the combination of the sheer pain combined with your skin and muscle...well being incinerated...probably wouldn't mean you could stand at all once hit, let alone run.

Maybe they didn't add all the voice files from all actors yet?

Upvote 0
A more important question is "Are you 7thGuardsTankDiv of the mighty :IS2: thread fame?"

Mods, please do not ban him if he says yes - this guy is a legend and I will send him a T-Shirt, signed by key devs of TWI and RS.
trap.jpg

:p

Last edited:
Upvote 0