• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
As we spot it, we'll post it here on the front page for you - if you spot coverage, please point it out in the relevant forum post! So here we go:

Gamespot were busy recording a demo - nice high quality - with Tony Gilham explaining what is going on:
Rising Storm - Gameplay Developer Demo - YouTube

Go watch it (and comment, like and all the rest) on Gamespot's Youtube channel!

PC Gamer's Rising Storm GDC post - http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/27/red-orchestra-rising-storm-trailer/

Rock Paper Shotgun's Rising Storm GDC post - http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/27/rising-storm-whips-up-a-trailer/

Last edited by a moderator:
Really nice video, glad it's out there because i couldn't watch the live stream yesterday.
Game looks fantastic, except the bad lag and rubber banding in the video that gave me headaches.
Still, really excited for this. Hope it releases soon, with smooth gameplay and hopefully pump some much needed life into RO2.

Upvote 0
Really nice video, glad it's out there because i couldn't watch the live stream yesterday.
Game looks fantastic, except the bad lag and rubber banding in the video that gave me headaches.
Still, really excited for this. Hope it releases soon, with smooth gameplay and hopefully pump some much needed life into RO2.

That most likely happens due to it being against bots/ offline/ practice mode i imagine.

Upvote 0
That most likely happens due to it being against bots/ offline/ practice mode i imagine.

I don't think it's caused by bots. I used to play offline with bots in RO2 just fine before the GOTY update. After that, I always got this jittery movement, even if I loaded up a map without any bots. I reported this bug long ago and have yet to see a fix. Hopefully this motivates them enough to get working on it. ;)

Upvote 0
i watched the video and have to say I'm very impressed ! I love how you've asymmetrically balanced the two teams and all the little details and historical tidbits are great. overall the game looks very solid with awesome environments, good sounds, and perhaps a bit more refined gameplay. You aren't by any chance rolling some of these features over to RO2, by any chance ?? :)

Upvote 0
I'm not sure which jitter you're talking about on the Gamespot footage (although I am viewing it on an iPhone). The capture device Gamespot was using was causing some weirdness with the game though.

You can see it clear as day in that footage, as well as in the footage where I reported the bug. It only affects offline play, and many other users have been affected by this bug as well. It was introduced in the GOTY patch, and makes single-player almost impossible to play.

Here's my footage in case you haven't seen it. Wait until you see me sprinting to demonstrate it's not a framerate issue.
Jittery movement in RO2 single player - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not sure which jitter you're talking about on the Gamespot footage (although I am viewing it on an iPhone). The capture device Gamespot was using was causing some weirdness with the game though.
Pay attention to the surroundings while he's sprinting, kinda like watching 15FPS footage in 30FPS. frameception.

Last edited:
Upvote 0