• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm gameplay LIVE on Wednesday!

It is not toying, it is the complete opposite. I also think TW learned how bad it is to release a game to early just to meet up a release date announced earlier. If you ask me RO2 was released pretty much 6 months too early. I can only guess that TW was afraid to postpone the release date again and as a result the release of RO2 was messed up.

I am glad that it looks like TW has learned from this mistake and is giving RS all the time that it needs.

Upvote 0
The above is not actually the live stream by evolve, it is a separate interview and a run through in a couple of bot matches to allow for some extra info, environments and some cool flame thrower action.

Once again enjoy.

Cheers Filthy.
OH, I am so stupid!:mad:
Sorry for my mistake guys.
Anyways, I really enjoyed watching the Rising Storm videos and I just watched the recorded live stream and its amazing. Really looking forward for its release.:)

Upvote 0
I don't see any problem, if you use a flame thrower or mortar in a crowded area and you end up team killing your own guys over and over, you shouldn't be trusted with the weapon. It'll teach people to be careful.

The same can be said with the current engineer class, yet the issue of unaware allies running into satchels (and eventually mortars and flamethrowers) still exists. Its amazing how many people will still run into an active satchel after repeated voice warnings, and placement on obvious destructible objectives. There are definitely some that just have no idea how to play the class, but the majority aren't just throwing exploives out at random. Something should be done to address this, whether this ends up being lowering the penalty for teamkills for engineers or otherwise is another issue.

Upvote 0
No it can't be said the same for the engineer class. You don't have the ability to fire satchels 100 metres behind the enemy lines, you don't use a flame thrower from behind your own team.

If you charge into a crowded area with a flame thrower and team kill everyone then you get kicked from the server, I see no problem.

What if you announce over VOIP "I'm bombarding Point X, please get out of there" and allies are still stay in/ move into the area and get tk'd. Should the mortar operator be kicked for that? Of course this assuming the mortar's shots are on target.

What if you approach a bunker, announce that you are about to blast it with napalm, but allies swarm in anyways for cheap kills?. Especially considering that the flame effect will linger a bit after the initial spray.

Just to clarify, I don't see this as a GAME-BREAKING issue. But still one that needs to be addressed at some point down the line.

Upvote 0
If a mortar wants to bomb an area where there are friendlies then you wait, if you decide to bomb that area simply because you want to and you end up killing your own guys then damn right you get kicked. I don't care if people think they're better players than other people in the server, you don't just bomb them because they won't move.

I can see what you're saying about players who won't use the weapons properly, but there's no way around that. You say 'the issue has to be addressed' as if it's up to Tripwire to take players out on some sort of weapons training course or something. It cannot be 'addressed' other than by the players who's responsibility is to inform people on how they should use the weapons. Making it so several teamkills by a satchel or flame thrower don't equate to enough points to get you kicked from the server is ripe for abuse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One of the things I don't agree with Tony on (around 2:45 min) is that he said 15-20 minutes is about the best time limit to make the game fun and not drag on forever? Sorry Tony...

Personally, those time limits always make the game feel rushed and has the players acting more recklessly and less tactical. Not saying the maps aren't good, but its as if they are designed for the average low attention span teenager. Perhaps longer time limit maps will be coming...

(Is it any wonder that I prefer custom maps that are longer and more epic :D )

Good lord. I have never seen so many morons in the comments section.

Edit: I mean the YouTube video. :)

Upvote 0
One of the things I don't agree with Tony on (around 2:45 min) is that he said 15-20 minutes is about the best time limit to make the game fun and not drag on forever? Sorry Tony...

Personally, those time limits always make the game feel rushed and has the players acting more recklessly and less tactical. Not saying the maps aren't good, but its as if they are designed for the average low attention span teenager. Perhaps longer time limit maps will be coming...

(Is it any wonder that I prefer custom maps that are longer and more epic :D )

15-20m seems a bit on the short side. It's not really fun to be forced into runnin n' gunnin as an attacker all the time and having to worry about time limits...seems a bit CODish to me. All I can assume from that is that the maps are extremely small.

Last edited:
Upvote 0