• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Rising Storm Trailer on Gamespot!

I can't wait to start hosing banzai charges with that m1917. That's cool that there is a night map because there's been countless game where I think night maps would be awesome yet they're never included. Also since you said these are some of the maps I can assume there's more that we haven't seen in previous material?

Upvote 0
Great work Tripwire!

That is easily the best trailer you guys have ever done for any game. Last time I really enjoyed the pacific front was in BF1942 so I was already looking forward to Rising Storm, but this trailer oozes with atmosphere of the new theater and simultaneously shows off lots of RO goodness.

Only sore point for me is knowing I won't likely get to enjoy that beautiful map in the promised campaign mode. :p

Upvote 0
I wonder if the japanese can pick up a flamethrower from a dead Soldier or Marine? Those things are clunky for sure.

Let's hope not for that would truly be historically inaccurate. FT's fullfilled a niche role for the allied advance accrosss the pacific islands. They were were used only for bunker and cave clearing. They were also a death magnet for the US troops that carried them and the japs knew that. I seriously doubt a jap soldier EVER picked up a unit for use off a dead US soldier.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Let's hope not for that would truly be historically inaccurate. FT's fullfilled a niche role for the allied advance accrosss the pacific islands. They were were used only for bunker and cave clearing. They were also a death magnet for the US troops that carried them and the japs knew that. I seriously doubt a jap soldier EVER picked up a unit for use off a dead US soldier.

You won't be able to pick up flamethrowers from dead flameunits, no matter which side you play ;)

Upvote 0