• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Rising Storm Trailer on Gamespot!

Regarding the quality of the trailer, remember these sites re-encode the videos we send them, often times at much lower quality than what we sent them. After the exclusive is over we'll post up the 1080p version :) Remember though, Gamespot is a really big site with a lot of viewers, the more eyes on the game the better :) Right now Gamespot is getting hammered with visits due to GDC and the Bioshock Infinite launch. And we've got a top billed story right in the middle of it, and yes we did that on purpose :)

Upvote 0
Regarding the quality of the trailer, remember these sites re-encode the videos we send them, often times at much lower quality than what we sent them. After the exclusive is over we'll post up the 1080p version :) Remember though, Gamespot is a really big site with a lot of viewers, the more eyes on the game the better :) Right now Gamespot is getting hammered with visits due to GDC and the Bioshock Infinite launch. And we've got a top billed story right in the middle of it, and yes we did that on purpose :)

You can download the full 320mb 1080p version right of gamespot, there is a download button on the bottom right of the video.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ramn, I've seen graphical improvements in this trailer, are you using a new version of Ue3?Placebo effect for me or not? :D Can we see this improvement in RO2 with an update?

It's the same version of the engine, but RS is taking better advantage of its features for some things. It's kind of like with game consoles, how the games get better looking after the console has been released, even though the hardware hasn't changed. The more experienced you get with an engine, the farther you can push it. That and frankly I've always felt that a lot of poeple didn't get the style we went for with RO2. It's not that we couldn't have made it look super shiny and overdue the effects (like a lot of games do), we just wanted a more gritty look and feel. With RS things are pumped up a notch and are more "flashy". The RS team also has a really good art team :)

Upvote 0