• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm preview on PC Gamer

Did this actually happen historically? Or was it just in Thin Red Line? That has got to be one of the funniest scenes in any war film "Roosevelt sucks a dick!" "No! Tojo sucks dick!"

Absolutely. A favorite tactic of night infiltrators, which often backfired miserably, was trying to imitate the enemy by speaking English.

A notable banzai charge, either Edson's Ridge or the Tenaru or another battle, I forget, also began with Japanese yelling en masse, over and over again: "US Marine you die tonight! US Marine you die tonight!"

A Marine NCO was also badly wounded on Peleliu when he walked into a Japanese ambush, having been lured there by Japanese perfectly replicating the night's password/response.

Plenty of examples of that nature. :D

Upvote 0
Replace Cigarettes with RO2's Multi-player Campaign mode:

The server was full round after round when I was playing it and was still decently populated when I left.

There's one server running the mode, it's in Beta and the majority of people playing probably don't even know what it is. I'd hardly say that out of context screenshot is indicative of how popular the mode will be.

*Also, about the Garand ping trick, will there be a cool-down period or will you only be able to do it a certain amount of times per life?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You know the 40-1 realism server isn't running the stock version of realism right? Its running a hybrid of classic and realism and its one of the most popular servers in the game.

This is great, because everyone can customize the server as they want to play(I don't like much that in 40-1 server realism there is istant kill message for example). This is what I'm saying, there are a lot of triple A FPS out there, where you can't either buy private server...I really miss the point from people that complain...

Play more, talk less. :p As Ramn said, " full servers speak louder than words."

Upvote 0
This is great, because everyone can customize the server as they want to play(I don't like much that in 40-1 server realism there is istant kill message for example). This is what I'm saying, there are a lot of triple A FPS out there, where you can't either buy private server...I really miss the point from people that complain...

If you don't talk, then there is no feedback negative or positive. :D

Upvote 0

There is 5 sec kill feed delay on our Classic server so maybe try there.
Cwiwey is right. On stock map played before Butovo server 2 Classic one, was full (64 players)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I know this is pretty much a dead horse at this point, but in my opinion RO has always been a niche game. Realism gameplay isn't for everyone, and the hard fact is that the masses enjoy stuff like BF3 and CoD. Getting shot and not knowing where it came from doesn't thrill some people like it does to us. That's why those games can have a hardcore, normal, and god knows what other game types. RO1 filled that niche of good realism, and I think that having the other modes in RO2 hurt it. More options isn't always a good thing. There may not be the same numbers of players in this as other big titles but that's not a bad thing. The people that play it and played RO1 play it because they like this type of game. I can see they wanted to cater to a bigger crowd and get more people to play and that's great, but I think it needed to keep the winning formula. That being said I'll most likely get RS no matter what and I'm not expecting these things to change from what's been told to us in this thread, but hey I thought I'd give my 2 cents.

Upvote 0