• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Everyone loves a good debate... PC Gamer Article

I completely agree what ever Mr Gibson said about CoD. After playing RO2, CoD seemed to me like a toyish and spoilt Hollywood film. But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy it any more. Habits you know..

On the other hand Tripwire with a what WW2 game? Come on.. I like Tripwire I'm a huge fan of KF, done playing it over 300 hours already. But WW2..it's getting old now don't you agree?

Long story short, I just hope next Tripwire game becomes a modern day FPS with the soul and spirit of RO2, THAT we need..not another CoD or BF

Nah, screw that. Modern shooters are more boring and exhausted than WW2 IMO.

If they're going to do anything not based on historical combat, it should be fictional. Spells and crossbow FPS or Lazer guns or Zombies and Raptors...

I've always wanted to see a total anachronistic FPS. Kar98ks, crossbows, assault rifles, magical spells and abilities, muskets, lazer guns, flashbangs, gatling guns, muskets, thermal detonators, ... and there's neutral zombies, raptors, yetis, and ninjas trying to kill the team while the fight each other in a territory mode like RO... a non-existant story or explanation as to why this is happening (kind of like TF2, only dark and gritty and not cartoony.. so grey vs. tan or rebels vs. imperials or something simple like that).... there is a health system (0-100), so fighting neutral NPCs can be a prolonged affair (ie : you take 10 or 15 damage from a zombie), but bullets from players do heavy damage (50-100 per shot) so that combat is fast and deadly like RO. You would simultaneously be concerned about the practical and the arcane (Can I adjust the sights on my Kar98k to hit that enemy, or should I just use the last charge of my lightning strike magic) You need to work together to cap zones, as well as bring down more deadly monsters like yetis... yet you need to be tactical in regards to the enemy position. You would spawn with a kar98k with only 10 bullets, but killing neutral monsters would provide better guns and more ammo... thus making it necessary for both survival and your ability to engage the enemy players. It would have the RPGy aspects of Bioshock, with bad *** yeti fights being like big daddy fights... yet the bad *** skillful fighting of RO... with team work exponentially encouraged by the fact that you can't fly solo without getting torn down by baddies, and thus you'll be encountering firefights with squads of enemies. Just my crazy idea :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think ww2 is one of the most interesting combat periods in terms of weaponry (although vietnam would be kind of similar).

Primarily because modern weapons often are so perfected that they can succeed in nearly every situation. While in ww2 you had different tools for different jobs.

Same for me, the weapons in modern shooters send too many bullets downrange on too small of maps. With WW2 weapons, you had to balance what you were trying to do with the capabilities of what you were carrying.

Upvote 0
I think ww2 is one of the most interesting combat periods in terms of weaponry (although vietnam would be kind of similar).

Primarily because modern weapons often are so perfected that they can succeed in nearly every situation. While in ww2 you had different tools for different jobs.

Same for me, the weapons in modern shooters send too many bullets downrange on too small of maps. With WW2 weapons, you had to balance what you were trying to do with the capabilities of what you were carrying.

There is more of a 'human' factor involved...

My thoughts exactly. No bulletproof vests with hard inserts that can stop a 7.62 x 39mm round--just a cotton shirt, a bolt-action rifle, a few grenades, and a poem in a pocket...

Upvote 0

I think that's why I liked RO and Chivalry cuz each weapon has their own unique characteristics. What works well for one weapon may work horribly for another.

Upvote 0