• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Free Content: Barashka and Countdown Mode

We are happy to announce the latest Free Content Pack for Red Orchestra 2 - the Fall 2012 Free Content Pack. This time around, there are two key elements to the pack: a brand new map, plus a redesign of the Countdown game mode. And a new trailer, of course!

Red Orchestra 2 Fall Trailer 2012 - YouTube

The new map is Barashka, a re-imagining and re-working of an old favorite from the original Red Orchestra. This brings in combined arms combat, villages, bridges and a river crossing to fight for. The map features both Territory and Countdown game modes.

For the Countdown game mode, simplified and improved match flow and user interface will make it much simpler to understand, making for much more instant and direct battles. Just to encourage everyone to try out the changes, we'll be issuing Double XP towards your Honor from today in Countdown mode!

Of course, there are a host of other updates to the game. These include requests from the community, such as walk while actively firing machine guns from the hip; increased stamina pool in Classic; chat system refinements and more.

Screenshots and trailer on the front page as well!

dunno if its something local but im dling patch at nostalgic 56k speeds ,...:(

***UpDate***
Ok i just found something out if you go to Steam>Settings >DownLoads + CLoud tab & look at what the Region is set to,...
It says the region is periodically autodetected etc,...make sure it has not changed & is still set to closest region near you

For whatever reason mine was changed to China,.....I set it back to an area close to me ,...now Im getting the patch at 500+ KB/s again.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
dunno if its something local but im dling patch at nostalgic 56k speeds ,...:(

***UpDate***
Ok i just found something out if you go to Steam>Settings >DownLoads + CLoud tab & look at what the Region is set to,...
It says the region is periodically autodetected etc,...make sure it has not changed & is still set to closest region near you

For whatever reason mine was changed to China,.....I set it back to an area close to me ,...now Im getting the patch at 500+ KB/s again.....

steam's brilliant like that, for those of us living in oz (or anywhere else with a terrible quota-based system) it also manages to do that then waste most of your precious internet getting files from texas or somewhere instead of your designated ISP :(

Upvote 0
Just had a chance to run thru Barashka in Classic mode and I have a couple of quick comments.

- The map is gorgeous. The general objective layout is the same as the ROOST version, but it almost looks like a new and different map altogether. I'm going to retract my former statement in this one case about TWI doing remakes. Nice job.

- Related to the above statement. This map does hit my fps harder than other stock maps. I don't mind as I can play this when it dips into the yellow and I do have an older cpu that can't keep up with my gpu. I'm not suggesting changing anything (draw distances etc) because I can always turn down my settings a bit and I do have an older setup. Just making a note of it.

- The map time is only 20 minutes. My initial thoughts for this is that it should be at least 30 minutes for a map this size. Sure its more tank focused than previous maps, but other than all objectives being captured to end the round, I would think more players would want more time added. Ending a map round prematurely is almost as bad as ending it too soon because of a short Lockdown timer in my opinion.

- Classic stamina seems much nicer. I have to play and run around more, but so far it's a big improvement on previous Classic stamina. Hope this draws more players back to that mode as it was the single biggest complaint with it.

Those are my initial impressions. Thanks TWI for your continued support of the game.

Upvote 0