• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Upcoming Patch 1.1.0.8 Changelog

Hello,

Yoshiro would you please help me a bit with the camera views commands in offline mode ?

I tried different things while launching maps offline, most seem to work like god ghost slomo etc, but i got a problem with changing the cameras views, i can't seems able to use freecam, fixed, etc.

The only way for now to have a view on myself was to launch a map offline with 3 players ( 2 bots + me ) then change the view to see bot on my team by the command "Viewbot" and then come back to myself using the command "Viewplayer K@n@y" this seems to execute the "behindview or fixedtracking" camera but that's all i am able to do right now, if i try this command while alone on a map it doesn't change anything, i remain in first person view.

Spent a little time offline and tried different command and combinations without luck for now, even tried the default key usually used like "End/Pageup/pagedown/Home/Insert" still no luck.

Also it seems i am not able to change the FOV with the command having the same name, close FOV with slomo command and some freecamera view will be really nice in some situations :)

If you can help a little on this please, maybe i missed something or doing something wrong, not using the right terminology for the game, but i can't figure out those simple camera changes things that should be possible now. :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
It looks like not every command got on the allowed list Konoy.

Ok i see now, I hope you will allow at least one of the different cameras view in a next update, already fun to see in slomo 0.1 a bot having his head exploded in a blood splash or arms removed while shooting him with the AT rifle lmao. :eek:

Well thx for answering and hope to see a little more options on the white list one day.

Had in mind to make some kind of slomos in fixed or free cam of players firing bolts or the snipe ( or even MG's ) and with very slow slomo value have time to switch view to the nme getting shot still in slomo with a close FOV , well such kind of things ;)

Probably will be possible to do some pretty nice things already with the commands we have, just less options for the cameras an more time to do them, anyways will try some when bored to play and see what is possible.

Again thanks for answering and for your great game :)

Upvote 0
Good to see alot of added features, updates, and fixes, however since I bought the game on release, i still have yet to play, as the game would be stuck at the splash screen.

Now since your previous patch, I am now able to get to the main menu of the game and then it freezes, thats as far as Im getting, again I still cant play and haven't played yet, have no idea what the problem is, and I want to ask is there something Tripwire is working on in trying to figure out this issue?
any suggestions I may try.

ps. I can play RO1 on max settings with np.

Upvote 0
Hi.

Hi.

So i have been one of the first people that played this game as i preordered it in it's release time I must say that people worked hard to make this game good and they still do it today , and we all can be thankful to them that they made such a good game , i must say myself that red orchestra 2 is one of my favourite games and it always will be no matter what happens.
But i have a question that needs an answer , i mostly play with the mg class and i must say there are still some bugs that need to be fixed with the current mg , well i got a bit mad after i realized you removed the old mg mechanics on which you could easily hipfire the mg , and put in the new mechanics which are a bit of annoying , i know that the mg isn't suppose to be used as a rambo tool but as a deffensive weapon against attackers but sometimes you just have to do it , and it makes a lot of fun but the problem is with these new mechanics it's simply not possible , my question is , will the old mg mechanics ever be put back ?
I am not the only one thinking that bringing back the good ol' hipfire back would be good , I know several ro2 players which think that the old mg mechanics are better than the new ones and which are ready to share the same opinion as i do.

Upvote 0
will the old mg mechanics ever be put back ?
I am not the only one thinking that bringing back the good ol' hipfire back would be good , I know several ro2 players which think that the old mg mechanics are better than the new ones and which are ready to share the same opinion as i do.
not very likely. a lot more people asked for it to be nerfed, than there were asking TWI to leave it as it was.
i'd much prefer they fix the mg exploit than play around with hipfiring again. while we're at it, it's still pretty annoying how many places wont let you even mount the mg. :(

Upvote 0
So i have been one of the first people that played this game as i preordered it in it's release time I must say that people worked hard to make this game good and they still do it today , and we all can be thankful to them that they made such a good game , i must say myself that red orchestra 2 is one of my favourite games and it always will be no matter what happens.
But i have a question that needs an answer , i mostly play with the mg class and i must say there are still some bugs that need to be fixed with the current mg , well i got a bit mad after i realized you removed the old mg mechanics on which you could easily hipfire the mg , and put in the new mechanics which are a bit of annoying , i know that the mg isn't suppose to be used as a rambo tool but as a deffensive weapon against attackers but sometimes you just have to do it , and it makes a lot of fun but the problem is with these new mechanics it's simply not possible , my question is , will the old mg mechanics ever be put back ?

I still see plenty of people hipfiring the mg. I will have to assume they are walking while doing so (because of the fix), but they still seem to be able to raise that mg faster than I can raise a pistol. Really kind of annoying, but I haven't noticed the specifics enough yet to comment more.

Upvote 0
I still see plenty of people hipfiring the mg. I will have to assume they are walking while doing so (because of the fix), but they still seem to be able to raise that mg faster than I can raise a pistol. Really kind of annoying, but I haven't noticed the specifics enough yet to comment more.

Sure i have seen people do it but mostly unsuccessful and you have to be a master at hipfiring , well in my opinion the solution would have just been increasing the recoil of the mg and not making you go into walk mode , because if i want to do single shots with the mg34 or the dp28 the animation is just annoying and you sometimes do have to use the mg for close combat defense , and due to my bad computer stance the game often crashes when i try to hipfire just because of the animation but ok i don't have 'such' a big problem with the new mg mechanics i just think it wasn't needed to add this 'walk mode' but rather to increase the recoil and make it harder to shoot from the hip.

not very likely. a lot more people asked for it to be nerfed, than there were asking TWI to leave it as it was.
i'd much prefer they fix the mg exploit than play around with hipfiring again. while we're at it, it's still pretty annoying how many places wont let you even mount the mg. :(
I totally agree with you , like i said the mg has still some bugs that should be fixed , but i was just asking because well, the old mg mechanics were cool in my opinion , the new ones , or should i say the 'walk mode' while firing the mg from the hip, are making my game crash to the desktop , my pc is not in the best stance but it's still able to normally run the game.And still , close combat is needed for the mgs too in some cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
So MG hipfiring was nerfed? Cause I can't see any major difference, I'm still hipfiring and raping everyone...

Not nerfed so to speak, but you can no longer accurately jog and hipfire (or even jog at all?). The game slows you down to a slower walk speed. I also personally feel that raising the mg should be slower, but that is me.

Upvote 0