Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

WIP Forum Upgrade

Please pardon our mess as we continue to iterate on the forum style, css and images. If you have any suggestions be sure to let us know in the off topic part of the forum!
2 of 2 < >

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

Mapping Contest Phase 1 Winners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping Contest Phase 1 Winners

Without further ado, the top 3 in the "Best Original Level" category are:
    1. Bridges of Druzhina - wins $2,500, an Intel Motherboard DZ68DB and a Core I7-2700k CPU
    2. Coldsteel - wins $1,000
    3. Univermag - wins $500
    The other category was for "Best Remake". Here we were really excited to see which of the old maps from Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 and even the Red Orchestra mod days would be brought forward. The winners are:
    1. Gumrak Station (a remake of the original Basovka) - wins $2,500
    2. Arad 2 - wins $1,000
    3. Ogledow - wins $500
    We want to see more of the old favorites appearing!

So far, that is $8,000 in cash given away, plus hardware. Breakout, Phase 2 of the contest, is on now reaches its' conclusion on 30th November. Many of the first round maps have been heavily updated - and many new ones have appeared. This time, there is $15,000 in cash prizes, a top-of-the-line Origin laptop, custom painted and a whole bunch of other hardware to give away. To the mappers - make sure you get your entries in on time! And for all the rest of us, go play the new maps out on the public servers and let us (and the creators) have your feedback. Soon, you will be able to grab new maps and other content through the Steam Workshop for RO2!

Originally posted by [TW]Wilsonam View Post
    Without further ado, the top 3 in the "Best Original Level" category are:
    1. Bridges of Druzhina - wins $2,500, an Intel Motherboard DZ68DB and a Core I7-2700k CPU
    2. Coldsteel - wins $1,000
    3. Univermag - wins $500
    The other category was for "Best Remake". Here we were really excited to see which of the old maps from Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 and even the Red Orchestra mod days would be brought forward. The winners are:
    1. Gumrak Station (a remake of the original Basovka) - wins $2,500
    2. Arad 2 - wins $1,000
    3. Ogledow - wins $500
    We want to see more of the old favorites appearing!

So far, that is $8,000 in cash given away, plus hardware. Breakout, Phase 2 of the contest, is on now reaches its' conclusion on 30th November. Many of the first round maps have been heavily updated - and many new ones have appeared. This time, there is $15,000 in cash prizes, a top-of-the-line Origin laptop, custom painted and a whole bunch of other hardware to give away. To the mappers - make sure you get your entries in on time! And for all the rest of us, go play the new maps out on the public servers and let us (and the creators) have your feedback. Soon, you will be able to grab new maps and other content through the Steam Workshop for RO2!
    Congratulations to all the winners and THANKS to all the creators and Tripwire for supporting them!

Comment

Bridges of Druzhina is a worthy category winner, brilliantly balanced with experienced adversaries.
      [B]15 year mod enthusiast : FH | RO | DC | EOD | POE[/B]

Comment

Nice, when can we expect these maps (or which ones can we expect?) to make it into the game officially? so we see more servers running these maps. Which is all the underplayed maps on there (so everything besides Bridges ) congrats to the winners though.
        [SIGPIC]http://oi44.tinypic.com/11qs4sk.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Comment

well done lads!

Comment

Congrats to all the people who have made it.

Have to agree with Bridges a brillant and fantastic map.

Chris
            NB: Nothing to do with the Darkest Hour Mod.

Comment

Congrats and a big thanks to all the mappers!

Comment

Great Maps.... Love them all.
                sigpic
                Phenom II x4 940 3.0 GHz, HD6770, 8GB 800MHz DDR2 RAM, Windows 7 64 bit

Comment

Congratulations Harley, great map, you deserve the prize!

Comment

Congratulations to all winners, and good luck to the mappers for the next phase.

Comment

Congrats everyone for making such amazing fun to play maps!
                      Formerly Extremity
                      Specs: 8GB RAM, GTX 460, i5-3570k

Comment

I was amazed why judging ten maps took so long but the longer it took the more clear it got to me something wasn't right and had to be fixed. Still it took way to long.

As it was clear by day 1 that Harley did not submitt a Countdown version for his map it did not apply to the rules of the contest.

So it took way to long we heared anything for the contest and then we seen the announcement of 20th octobre to look for a way to change phase 1 rules. By then I knew for sure what was going on, but never expected that changing rules on the fly would really made it. But it happend and the result is here.

As the map is very popular by the players and forum members it was almost impossible to not let in in the contest. So I understand the thoughts of TWI.

Still I had trust that other criteria like polish and and proper use of RO2 features would count enough. But its clear by now that did not matter anymore. The audience needed to be pleased.

Its a welldone map and Harley contributed a nice set of trees and assets for the community, but so did other mappers. In its present state the map needs much more polish and even don't have spawnprotection on some important areas of the map. These are other criteria mentioned in the rules.

As I dont think I will find some motivation for me there ain't no land behind this phase 1. Guess I better have to focus on real life issues and leave gaming for a while. Guess my wife will welcome this news with a big smile.

Now I might sound a bad looser. I'm not I just can't beat changing rules.

Greets Drecks.
                        Last edited by Drecks; 10-31-2012, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drecks View Post

I was amazed why judging ten maps took so long but the longer it took the more clear it got to me something wasn't right and had to be fixed. Still it took way to long.
                          Still I had trust that other criteria like polish and and proper use of RO2 features would count enough. But its clear by now that did not matter anymore.
                          As I dont think I will find some motivation for me there ain't no land behind this phase 1. Guess I better have to focus on real life issues and leave gaming for a while. Guess my wife will welcome this news with a big smile.
                          Now I might sound a bad looser. I'm not I just can't beat changing rules.
                          Greets Drecks.
                          Seconded. To change rules AFTER entries are submitted isn't right. To take 76 days to do it compounds the problem. All entries in both categories ought to be held to the rules and they weren't in either.

Rather than leaving gaming though, I think I'll chart a different course for the coming year.

Having said that, thanks to everyone who helped me, thanks to Tripwire and especially certain of the guys on staff and regular players and server admins who went above and beyond to show me how to make stuff work in the SDK, especially back in the early pioneer days before there were any custom maps and we were all figuring it out as we went along. Congratulations to not only the contestants, but to everyone who dug into the editor, who helped test maps, and even those who destroyd my tanks just as I was lining up a perfect shot.

Six_Ten
                          Last edited by Six_Ten; 11-01-2012, 02:47 AM.
                          NEMO ME IMPVNE LACESSIT

Comment

I must just say that Bridges of Druzhina is a great winner! Harley have done a awesome work on that map and it is by far my favorite map both in gameplay and artistic design.

Great work everyone! I love all the custom maps, it is with joy I kill and get killed on any part of custom, cummunity made mesh in this game. Thanks.
                            [QUOTE=Fedorov;956796]Genuine fun > grind.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Congrats to all the winners. Thanks for all the custom maps. The game is better from your efforts.

On a side note, I was really suprised to see that the best remade map winner for RO: Ost wasn't Ogledow. The ro2 version of that map is nearly identical to the original. The map plays well too. I wonder if not having halftracks and and the other cariers affected the outcome?
                              Last edited by akb; 10-31-2012, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X