Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

WIP Forum Upgrade

Please pardon our mess as we continue to iterate on the forum style, css and images. If you have any suggestions be sure to let us know in the off topic part of the forum!
2 of 2 < >

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

What We Are Up To - Barashka

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What We Are Up To - Barashka

A long railroad bridge, scattered buildings, bunkers facing each other across a long gully. Sound familiar?

For long time Red Orchestra fans it should, because I'm talking about Barashka, the next official map for Red Orchestra 2. Featuring combined arms gameplay and thrilling cat and mouse chases between infantry and armor as they duel for control over territory, we are bringing this classic RO map back to life.

While its full facelift underway to bring it up to RO 2 standards, we will shortly be adding it to the stand alone beta so players can help us with feedback on gameplay. We look forward to playing this classic map with the community again (and it is quickly becoming one of my favorites)!

A lot of community members have been asking when we'll be adding more vehicles to the game, particularly troop transports. The short answer is that we've shifted around our plans a bit and additional vehicles are something that we're still looking to add, but won't be coming in the really near future. This is partially due to Rising Storm catching us by surprise - in a good way! Once we played the early versions of Rising Storm we knew it was going to be awesome, and decided to turn it into a full product. This means a lot of the Tripwire team have been cranking away working on Rising Storm along with the Rising Storm team to get the game ready for release. We've also been hard at work supporting the RO2 mod community by working on SDK updates and Steam workshop support which we're very excited about. Steam workshop should really revolutionize the way community mappers distribute their maps and make it much easier for players to find the cool content mappers and modders are working on.

We've also heard the murmuring in the community with speculation about how Rising Storm will be priced. While we aren't yet ready to release the exact pricing, we will clarify something right now. We will not be throwing the current RO2 community under the bus!!! Our current plan is to allow existing RO2 owners to upgrade to Rising Storm at a significant discount compared to someone that just buys Rising Storm outright. Additionally, we will not be splintering the community by keeping players separated. Servers will be able to run RO2 and Rising Storm maps back to back on the same server. Finally, while we're not quite ready to release the details of exactly how it will work, RO2 players that don't own Rising Storm won't just get booted off the server when a Rising Storm map comes up. Rather RO2 owners will be able to play Rising Storm even if they haven't purchased the add-on, likely with some limitations on weapon/class selection. So to summarize, RO2 owners will get a discount on Rising Storm, and everybody will be able to play together on the same servers!

Speaking of additional content, I'd like to take this time to highlight the works of Coin-goD who is working to bring anti-tank guns to the game and Blitzk.-Bob who is has a team working on new vehicles. If there are any other awesome projects I have missed be sure to let me know in the comments below! Judging is also getting underway on the following maps that were submitted to Phase 1 of the Counterattack mapping contest: Arad 2, Bridges over Druzhina, Butovo, Coldsteel, Gumrak Station, Kursk, Moscow Highway, Ogledow, Otpy3kab2, and Univermag. If you haven't yet, make sure to check them out!
    Pretty, what do we blow up first? - Myn Donos

woah that brings me so many memories back from ro1 barashka days

i7-950 / 6GB DDR3 / Intel SSD 320-300 GB / ATI Sapphire HD 6990 / ADI2000B / Win7 64bit / ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution

Comment

Look fantastic as a summer map..The old RO1 version was a bit bit bleak..

Very cool..
      sigpic
      www.twiladder.com
      I'm on a vodka diet, I've lost 3 days so far.

Comment

nice to know some less vague specifics about whats been going on.

Comment

Good to hear about the RS pricing, sounds like a very reasonable way to handle it!
          [url=http://riseofflight.com][img]http://www.swift72.co.uk/rof01.jpg[/img][/url]

If you have any interest in flying and/or World War I aviation, click the image above! Click it!

Comment

Ah I remember this map.. I actually didn't like it much haha, but I did like the winter theme. Sad to see it being a summer map and I'm curious as to how it'll play out in RO2 without infantry carriers and whatnot. Should be interesting. Hopefully I'll like it more then I did in Ostfront but either way new maps are welcome. Still would've preferred Stalingrad Kessel but I'll wait for it to be remade at some point hopefully.

Anyway as for RS, I'm glad the community won't be severed. Little disappointed that people who don't buy it will still be gimped but this definitely could've been handled in a worse way. So even though it's not the solution I wanted, it's definitely better then some alternatives.

Comment

EXCELLENT!! Can't wait to play it

Comment

Awesome post Yoshiro! I was getting worried there but I'm glad to see that you're working on maps, the SDK/Workshop, and supporting and lending man power to RS!

The map looks tasty, I remember it in the RO1 days, but it'll be better here! :3 Are you able to say exactly how the workshop will work with RO2 other than the basic interface and all? How much have you had to change to the SDK/Base game to get it to work?
                Formerly Extremity
                Specs: 8GB RAM, GTX 460, i5-3570k

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshiro View Post
                  So to summarize, RO2 owners will get a discount on Rising Storm, and everybody will be able to play together on the same servers!
                  THAT is GREAT!

Comment

Quality update!

Definate sale from me!

Comment

thank ye for the infos.. curse ye for the horizontal scroll bar! Grrrrr...
                      win7 64, amd phenom ii x4 955 black ed. @ 3.2ghz, gtx 460 se, 8gb ddr3, logitech g35
                      [SIGPIC]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=468&dateline=1312321102[/SIGPIC]

Comment

Nice, I've always loved Barashka. I'm just sad there will be no halftracks on it
                        sigpic

Comment

Some good news here. A much wider, larger non-linear map would be great for the vanilla map rotation. The alternative method of distributing Rising Storm sounds good to me as well. The unfortunate news about troop transports hurt me in the heart a little though , but I know good things are coming and that is generally fantastic.

Originally posted by Genocider View Post
                          Still would've preferred Stalingrad Kessel but I'll wait for it to be remade at some point hopefully.
                          I actually planned awhile ago and have been conceptualizing a remake of this map as my first custom map. Right now I'm teaching myself how to utilize the SDK from various tutorials, so it could be quite some time before I make any headway and eventual thread (no promises).

Though - If someone beats me to it then more power to you, whether it's community made or an official map by Tripwire themselves.

Comment

Your info is always appreciated, Yoshiro.

Can't wait on Rising Storm. Too bad we don't have an ETA yet; it's always an "It's done when it's done!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nezzer View Post
                              I'm just sad there will be no halftracks on it
                              Indeed. I hated that map for how static its gameplay was, and that was with transports. I don't think I ever saw it win on a full cap except when the server was nearly empty. This version is going to suck like a collapsing star unless it gets some major edits from what it was in RO1.

Bad news to hear that DieBresche didn't make it into the contest...not updated, I assume. That was by far the best custom map made so far.
                              Last edited by Mekhazzio; 09-07-2012, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X