• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - Barashka

Great to see all these addons being intergrated together and not splitting the community:) , I for one really dont care about half tracks in game at the moment .Rising storm and a new map for ro2 and steam workshop and the ever improving community maps , All of which will breath some new life in to the game ))) Good stuff:)

Upvote 0
Another free map! and a "significantly" discounted expansion and people still moan!! :rolleyes:

Has nobody noticed the crap other devs get away with?! I bet most of the complainers have hundreds of hours out of this game aswell!

I despair, I really do!

Agreed , its surprised me reading some peoples comments as well , I have got over 150 games on steam and not one of them devs is pumping out new content and supporting a game a year down the line .

Upvote 0
Agreed , its surprised me reading some peoples comments as well , I have got over 150 games on steam and not one of them devs is pumping out new content and supporting a game a year down the line .

Take EA's Syndicate, no support from EA what so ever and the company (Starbreeze) that was hired by EA to develop the game never made any add-ons or patches and players with game issues that was directed from EA Support to Starbreeze was redirected by Starbreeze back to EA Support as Starbreeze was only paid to develop the game not updating, patching or maintaining it...

TWI rules on game support.

Upvote 0
hahahahaha this just makes me laugh,

what a slow progression rate this game is at. Especially when the developers themselves are gamers. Common man put some peppers in your arse.

this is not even worth a 'what are we up to' thread, 2 screenshots of 1 oldschool RO1 map?

This **** should've been done 2 months after release, I mean you're not busy with any other games really are you? And that big patch which is released after a half year which made the game more playable should've been after 1.5 months max.

The point is, if TWI cares about this game then why is everything so slowly progressing? Isn't care shown through progression to make the game better?

Yeah I FLAME now because this train just wont go any faster ever. You guys need some cans of red bull to make this train start and keep running?

Do something! And if you're doing a lot which is not visible to the public you're probably not working efficient enough. Too much moaning about details maybe or problems which you haven't even started with in reality.

pfffff this game is gonna die / is dead and RS is the only thing people are really hoping for.

If TW is smart it takes the release of RS as a revival for RO2 aswell meaning from that point on efficiency, activity, releases, are going much faster as hell.

I don't give a damn about mod tools and stuff being released for STEAM now because the reason for that is that you yourself just can't manage such a big project on your own and need help of the public, same goes for the map developers who can earn money for it (I suggest you give the developer of the best map a contract at TWI LMAO!!!)

Upvote 0
Haters gonna hate...

I for one are pumped for the Rising Storm release and love to play all those new maps. Overall, the support by TWI is something to look up to, imo.

Lack of new vehicles is a bummer, sure. How are things with community projects? I thought I saw a pretty badass looking BT7 in the forums. I have no experience with modelling, but for Company of Heroes, mapping contests were always a big boost for the community. Maybe a moddelling contest can bring new content in the game more quickly. Something like 100

Upvote 0
Great to see all these addons being intergrated together and not splitting the community:) , I for one really dont care about half tracks in game at the moment .Rising storm and a new map for ro2 and steam workshop and the ever improving community maps , All of which will breath some new life in to the game ))) Good stuff:)

:cool:

The integration of both games into one server engine is absolutely brilliant marketing. Instead of competing, the games will mutually reinforce the entire community. Bravo! It also means that server operators need not invest in and expand platforms beyond current levels unless they wish to do so. This is huge.

Upvote 0
:cool:

The integration of both games into one server engine is absolutely brilliant marketing. Instead of competing, the games will mutually reinforce the entire community. Bravo! It also means that server operators need not invest in and expand platforms beyond current levels unless they wish to do so. This is huge.
really was a smart move, huh? :D

Upvote 0
I don't see any reason to like this map , unless you particularly enjoy long pointless stalemates. Seriously in OSTFront i've seen this game actually play out to a decisive conclusion ONCE, and thats because the Germans just gave up and wanted the next map to come faster. I hope some gets changed significantly in this new version.

Also, I highly doubt this map is playable as a CA map without troop transports, it was pretty bad as it was in OSTfront where you either had some idiot solo the APCs or having them blown up by the dozens of enemy tanks waiting for you near the cap.

Upvote 0
hahahahaha this just makes me laugh,

what a slow progression rate this game is at. Especially when the developers themselves are gamers. Common man put some peppers in your arse.

this is not even worth a 'what are we up to' thread, 2 screenshots of 1 oldschool RO1 map?

This **** should've been done 2 months after release, I mean you're not busy with any other games really are you? And that big patch which is released after a half year which made the game more playable should've been after 1.5 months max.

The point is, if TWI cares about this game then why is everything so slowly progressing? Isn't care shown through progression to make the game better?

Yeah I FLAME now because this train just wont go any faster ever. You guys need some cans of red bull to make this train start and keep running?

Do something! And if you're doing a lot which is not visible to the public you're probably not working efficient enough. Too much moaning about details maybe or problems which you haven't even started with in reality.

pfffff this game is gonna die / is dead and RS is the only thing people are really hoping for.

If TW is smart it takes the release of RS as a revival for RO2 aswell meaning from that point on efficiency, activity, releases, are going much faster as hell.

I don't give a damn about mod tools and stuff being released for STEAM now because the reason for that is that you yourself just can't manage such a big project on your own and need help of the public, same goes for the map developers who can earn money for it (I suggest you give the developer of the best map a contract at TWI LMAO!!!)

Quite the most repulsive post I have seen for a very long time. Try any of this behaviour on the RS forums and there will be an insta- and perma-ban.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Terribly disappointed in Yoshiro's post.

A RO1 style map with no working anti tank guns, panzerfausts, or APCs? Good luck with that. Brashka?! Really?! Out of any of the maps it had to be Brashka?! I wouldve loved to see a map that kept with the Stalingrad theme and combined arms such as Tractor Factory. :confused:

Sounds to me like RO2 is on the downward slope and is being left for dead...with all the attention and focus being on Rising Storm. You cant blame Tripwire, Im sure they have some sort of agreement with the Rising Storm team to get a certain % of the profits when its released. They probably arent making squat with new RO2 sales, so Rising Storm is probably their only way of securing a future paycheck and keeping the lights on.

It looks to me like Tripwire is focusing more on supporting user created content than actually creating new content themselfs for RO2. Which doesnt surprise me, there is little money to be made with releasing offical Tripwire made DLC for free. They dont make money paying their own team to produce new RO2 content for free...The only way theyre going to make any significant amount of money is by getting involved in Rising Storm and sharing the profits from RS sales. Having a mapping contest clearly proves that they are relying on user created content to keep peoples attention with RO2 while they work on Rising Storm.

Personally I dont expect new offical content till a few months AFTER Rising Storm is released.

Really disappointed no new tanks, APCs, weapons or urban maps are in the near future. I was expecting to see the luger, MG42, APCs and new tanks being polished by now. I feel things are going to get pretty stale and boring around here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Terribly disappointed in Yoshiro's post.

A RO1 style map with no working anti tank guns, panzerfausts, or APCs? Good luck with that. Brashka?! Really?! Out of any of the maps it had to be Brashka?! I wouldve loved to see a map that kept with the Stalingrad theme and combined arms such as Tractor Factory. :confused:

Sounds to me like RO2 is on the downward slope and is being left for dead...with all the attention and focus being on Rising Storm. You cant blame Tripwire, Im sure they have some sort of agreement with the Rising Storm team to get a certain % of the profits when its released. They probably arent making squat with new RO2 sales, so Rising Storm is probably their only way of securing a future paycheck and keeping the lights on.

It looks to me like Tripwire is focusing more on supporting user created content than actually creating new content themselfs for RO2. Which doesnt surprise me, there is little money to be made with releasing offical Tripwire made DLC for free. They dont make money paying their own team to produce new content for free...The only way theyre going to make any significant amount of money is by getting involved in Rising Storm.

Personally I dont expect new offical content till a few months AFTER Rising Storm is released.

Really disappointed no new tanks, APCs, weapons or urban maps are in the near future. Things are going to get pretty stale and boring around here.

Exactly, the best option possible would of been the Tractor Factory you'd have a big map with tanks, and it actually fits with the game. It's a map that a lot of people want and everyone would be excited to see. It seems to me that would of been the perfect option.

Even if we are talking about RO1 stock map remakes there were a lot of better choices, it's completely weird when the map they choose is one where people used Half Tracks a damn lot when it was played because walking sucked but with the announcement of the map I thought "hell yes half tracks" but this map without halftracks....:confused: (also doesn't help a lot of people not liking it in the first place)

Upvote 0