• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - Barashka

It's too bad to hear about the new vehicles but honestly I'd much rather take Rising Storm first. Good to hear it's getting some attention. Also the news about vanilla RO2 players getting to play RS is awesome! Hopefully they'll be limited to riflemen only. More shotguns and BARs for me!

Upvote 0
Great news on the RS integration - always a smart move to keep the playbase together.

Thanks for the new map - but as with some, I used to disconnect from the server when Barashka showed up. Would have preferred another, but not complaining.

Howerver, I am not too thrilled to hear about no progress on additional vehicles. I'd have thought that at least the troop carriers will be released asap so the fantastic community map builders can create RO1 maps with enough space and depth...

Upvote 0
The truth

The truth

I have never played any of the RO games, but I Play Killing Floor ALOT, and I have looked on some of the RO1&2 maps and I would really enjoy playing some of them. Tripwire Interactive, you should really consider taking these maps into Killing Floor, I really think it would be a nice experience.
Thank you for reading this.

A very glad Killing Floor player.

Upvote 0
Barashka was one of the most hated maps of RO along with the abomination called Bondarevo, why TWI? Rakowice would have been a better choice IMO, it was as big and had intense infantry combat along with vehicles.

Also, heavy tanks are needed for Barashka. Crossing the bridges is not an easy feat, when you think about the majority camping the either bridge from afar. Pz IV, T-34 won't cut it. Infantry play was boring as hell, even with taking APC's(which don't exist in RO2) into account, this was a tank map with Infantry tossed in for annoyance.

Upvote 0
I am also a bit disappointed, of course new maps are always "nice" but to continue with the same gameplay constraints (in terms of vehicle availability) just does not do it for me.
Also I do not condemn or wish the RS guys any harm and simply good luck with their project but taking into account what kind of a rough start and inhumane rollercoaster ride the playerbase has experienced since RO 2`s launch, I would have had expected that you guys first would polish and release as much additional content for RO2 as possible.(Especially the long called for vehicles) before shifting your resources to something else.
I can not imagine (this is based on earlier post release posts by Alan (afaik)) that money is the issue here since great sales were claimed post release.
So why and I am sorry I have to ask this, do we still have to deal with only 1 vehicle per side and you guys shift your attention elsewhere?

Upvote 0
good news, barashka is coming as official map
bad news, no half-tracks anytime soon
bad news, rising storm's going to be priced
slightly good news, we'll get a good discount (I want it for free dammit I pre-ordered ro2)
bad news, no clown car in barashka
final arbitrary score - 1 1/2 :(

I'm going to need a new pc to make my own halftracks and clown car, aren't I?

Upvote 0
Always good to hear about what is going on and what TWI will be bringing us, and good news for the RS team and the rest of us interested in it.

That said, ROOST's Barashka was Not one of my favorite maps and I too would often leave a server when it showed up. I would have preferred an entirely new map instead of a remake. I would prefer to see the community make those. But this summer version does look a lot more interesting so I will hold back judgement. Hopefully infantry will be able to enter some of the buildings. Never liked it that they couldn't before. Hopefully they update the objective handling too.

Also its a bummer to hear about new vehicles and halftracks being delayed. I really think this will put a big damper on custom map creation. I know I have been waiting for some vehicle news just for that reason... :( The success of the mapping and moding community and the success of the game are tied together.

But still, free content coming up. Hard to complain about that.

Upvote 0
Great to hear about rising storm and the new map. I am very excited! I was expecting a big content update for the 1st anniversary though. At least new tanks for each side and halftracks. I guess I set the bar a little too high. Keep up the good work TWI. Even though I'd like changes to the game and more content, RO2 as it is now is still one of the best games ive played.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Another free map! and a "significantly" discounted expansion and people still moan!! :rolleyes:

Has nobody noticed the crap other devs get away with?! I bet most of the complainers have hundreds of hours out of this game aswell!

I despair, I really do!

As long as its done respectfully, what's the problem? Would you prefer people to lie?

TWI needs honest feedback.

Last edited:
Upvote 0