• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - Barashka

Geeze.

40 bucks divided by game time = what? Drinking tap water is more expensive by the hour than playing RO2.

I cannot see how the price anyone has paid can possibly justify the sense of entitlement demonstrated in this thread.

You really would need to be a significant stockholder in tripwire for possessive expectations at that level to be rational of sorts.

+1
So far RO2 has cost me $.05 per hour, not including the time I've spent messing with the SDK.

Upvote 0
Nobody is saying I have not got my moneys worth. I appreciate the game.
But when you buy something you expect to get everything that was advertised. The steam features page has however changed. So I could not get the features from that anymore.

I just had a look and it seems the only features I have not got that was advertised and promised at release over a year ago was:

Multiplayer Campaign Mode: The campaign map is divided into 10 smaller maps. The players vote which map to attack, and can decide how much of their Combat Power they want to use on the attack. Each campaign can last a maximum of 4 hours. (Source: Bswearer PAX interview)
Co-op Campaign Mode: The singleplayer campaign can be played with a friend/friends. (Source: GDN Gamescom Article)

As promised earlier I checked my facts and the extra tanks\transports were free DLC advertised to be coming "some time"... so I guess there is nothing stopping them from releasing it within the next who knows how long.

I think the transports are the ones most needed but it seems we will get them last.

Upvote 0
Just a reminder folks:

Nothing TWI promised has been cancelled, however, there have been delays.

It must feel to some like TWI are a fairly typical AAA studio because they produced a AAA game with more mechanics and features than most of the 50-million-dollar titles it competes with. Then why the bugs and slow content updates?

If you've wondered this, I ask you to watch the RO2 credits. You'll see how tiny they really are, and perhaps come to agree that it's no wonder such a small studio with such an ambitious game could struggle to quickly deliver much more of their high-standard content, all while taking community feedback into account.

Upvote 0
+1
So far RO2 has cost me $.05 per hour, not including the time I've spent messing with the SDK.

Money is a subjective thing. If I were to go by the logic you two have been using, then I've lost out big time with RO2 and almost every other game I've bought. The reason for that is because when comparing this to Counter Strike: Source, which I paid 20 bucks for, I've gotten over 6 years and counting worth of time from it.

Most of what people are annoyed with is based on principle, or at least that's what it is in my case. You have many small issues with a game that should've been fixed already, no matter how small the studio that shouldn't matter. Some of these issues (Such as adding colored chat, something the community clamored for early on) were fixed by modders within 15 minutes. Stuff like that (Little effort required by TWI, high demand by the community), isn't excusable imo.

Upvote 0
Most of what people are annoyed with is based on principle, or at least that's what it is in my case. You have many small issues with a game that should've been fixed already, no matter how small the studio that shouldn't matter. Some of these issues (Such as adding colored chat, something the community clamored for early on) were fixed by modders within 15 minutes. Stuff like that (Little effort required by TWI, high demand by the community), isn't excusable imo.
That is my point in this whole ordeal. I just want these little things fixed and added before moving on to bigger and better things because if the get skipped now they probably won't ever get done. The small things no matter how small should be addressed because those are the things we deal with most when playing the game. They generally end up making or breaking the game for most people.

Upvote 0
Money is a subjective thing. If I were to go by the logic you two have been using, then I've lost out big time with RO2 and almost every other game I've bought. The reason for that is because when comparing this to Counter Strike: Source, which I paid 20 bucks for, I've gotten over 6 years and counting worth of time from it.

you really think it took Ducky fifteen minutes to make the colored chat mutator? i'm pretty sure it took him longer than that. so were you just exaggerating to make a point or what? i doubt he'd be real happy to see you think he "whipped it out" in so little time.

Upvote 0
r5cya, I think the point Genocide is trying to make is that it took someone from the mod community to deliver what the community was craving for for a long time. I don't think he is trying to diminish the effort that Ducky made at all, and you know that (or at least should).
Me too start to question what is going on with TW by shifting their attention to RS while we have a bug and support forum full of reports that need attention asap. It's like being left alone in the dark...

Upvote 0
the point he is making, is that it's a tiny little thing, to make something as simple as colored chat and that TWI should step up and spend 15 minutes doing stuff like that.
i have a few problems with that.
it's false information. most people know, that nothing like the chat mutator, can be made in fifteen minutes. but you know what? some people have no clue that this stuff takes a lot more time. this makes TWI look even worse to those people. what's the point in that? renenge? there's no reason we as players should be scaring anyone away from the game. we need all the players we can get.
it's also a snub on Ducky's time. is that how we want to treat people who go out of their way to make this game better for us? i don't think so.
finally, i have a pet peeve about people who have to exaggerate things, just to prove a point. (just makes it worse, bringing Ducky in on that) if we have a valid point, why do wee need to exaggerate? if the point isn't strong enough on it's own, don't post it. putting a dress on a pig doesn't make it beautiful.
it's not like i disagree with his idea. just his presentation and his belittlement of one of my friends, valuable time.
i totally agree that TWI should be taking care of all the little bugs. and bringing lots more maps and tanks and weapons and apc's and all the other stuff that would make the game greater. but it looks like we will be waiting. anyone who wants to complain about that, go ahead. just do it the right way. maybe like this.

TWI. i'm really disapointed to learn that you're not able to devote as much time as i'd like to RO2. i'd really like those vehicles and other stuff we thought we were getting. i could be happy, if i knew you were fixing lots of the bugs and glitches we have in the game now, though. but we're not being told if that's happening. hearing that the beta is delayed because killing floor needed a workshop out and that RO2 needed it's done as well, before the beta can be released, was another blow. i was looking forward to testing that new map in the beta as soon as yoshi announced it was coming. now it's three weeks since and no beta. :(
but hey! it's still a great game and i'll take solace in the fact that i can still log on and kill all my friends, in the best ww2 shooter on the market. thanks for a great game, but hurry up, allready! ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

First off, let me apologize. I didn't mean to offend you, Ducky, or modders. I just thought it took him a small amount of time, could've sworn Ducky wrote in a post it took him about 15-30 minutes to make or something. Maybe he was responding to a question about how to change values for the server or something...Well... erm, my bad I guess.

Either way my point remains, small issues should be the focus of TWI, not the community. At least when TWI would have a much easier time fixing these then the community. Hell, I know there are some issues with KF reported by someone named "poosh". He put up actual fixes for some issues (Like the mac10 causing the crawlers infinite burning bug), and never got a response from the devs. Kind of annoying when stuff like that is going on after watching that GOTY update video no?

Upvote 0
We work to address "small" issues all the time, but many are not as small as they seem. They are rabbit holes. We try to prioritize based on community input.

As to Poosh's flame mechanic changes, they are under discussion at Tripwire. But they are something that the game has had for 2 years and has been balanced around. It is not an easy choice to just fix some of them. We are happy to work with community members who have identified issues (and better still, debugged and worked to fix them), and many fixes in our games from RO 1 to RO 2 have come from those sources. But as I said, it is not always as easy as it seems.

Upvote 0
We work to address "small" issues all the time, but many are not as small as they seem. They are rabbit holes. We try to prioritize based on community input.

As to Poosh's flame mechanic changes, they are under discussion at Tripwire. But they are something that the game has had for 2 years and has been balanced around. It is not an easy choice to just fix some of them. We are happy to work with community members who have identified issues (and better still, debugged and worked to fix them), and many fixes in our games from RO 1 to RO 2 have come from those sources. But as I said, it is not always as easy as it seems.

Alright, fair enough. But why not just reply in that thread then or reply to the guy so he knows you haven't implemented the fix for those reasons? I understand the firebug flamethrower fix being under consideration, but the crawler infinite burn bug probably should get done away with. Either way thanks for the reply. Means more then you might think. That's good PR for you :p

Upvote 0

Yoshiro...FYI I (along with a LOT of people) absolutely love RO2 the way it is - sure there's some small bugs here and there but all in all, I can't stop playing it, esp now that we have custom maps. Don't get bogged down into responding to every criticism on the forums - just focus on the task at hand and moving forward.

Upvote 0
Yoshiro...FYI I (along with a LOT of people) absolutely love RO2 the way it is - sure there's some small bugs here and there but all in all, I can't stop playing it, esp now that we have custom maps. Don't get bogged down into responding to every criticism on the forums - just focus on the task at hand and moving forward.

/agree

Nice post ;)

Upvote 0
Well I really like the game and still, even though less atm, play it. The injection of custom maps has been good.

What I do not get and this is my personal opinion of course why remakes of Barashka and Danzig made it into RO2. To me those were surely not great maps, not in RO and certainly not in RO2.

I am however of course happy about any new content.

Upvote 0
Well I really like the game and still, even though less atm, play it. The injection of custom maps has been good.

What I do not get and this is my personal opinion of course why remakes of Barashka and Danzig made it into RO2. To me those were surely not great maps, not in RO and certainly not in RO2.

Danzig was probably the most popular map in RO1. I certainly remember the 24/7 Danzig server always having players on it.

Upvote 0

Apartments map is actually a real place in Stalingrad.

Upvote 0