• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"Counterattack" Mapping Contest for RO2

So I guess someone will do Moon Nazis then...

o1UNa.gif

Upvote 0
This is great news! Since there are two phases to the contest, does that mean we'll be getting two new official maps? I really hope that's the case, because we need more varied locations to spark more interest in the community.

Like our mapping contests in the past, we'll aim to take the best maps official. And I would hope we end up with more than two ;)

Upvote 0
Good luck contacting the author though, noone has been able to get in contact even in RO1.

The guy that made that map's name is Rich Black. And we can probably get in touch with him. I know Alan (Wilson) ran into him in the UK a while back.

I actually am going to discuss the remake permission thing with the guys here (and the TWI lawyer). I would think if you completely remake a map from scratch that is basically "inspired" by another map it would probably be alright. But if you did a straight port of another map without permission that would not be alright. But for now I would play it safe and get permission.

Upvote 0