• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 2 Price Drop and Guest Passes For Your Friends!

[TW]Wilsonam

VP, Tripwire Int.
Oct 17, 2005
Roswell, GA
www.tripwireinteractive.com
With the success of the recent free weekend on Steam and lots of new players enjoying the Red Orchestra 2 Game of the Year Edition, we've decided to do a couple of things to make it even easier to get into the game. First, we have decided to cut the price in half to $19.99 (14.99 GBP/17.99 EUR/299 RUB) for the game. Second, we're giving everyone that owns Red Orchestra 2 a guest pass that they can hand off to a friend for them to check out the game free of charge.

This is the game that won PC Gamer's "Multiplayer FPS of the Year" and has recently been updated with new game modes, a new map, a wide range of gameplay refinements and performance improvements - all for free to everyone who owns the game. Tripwire Interactive is committed to supporting our games with free additional content for many years after initial release and Red Orchestra 2 is no exception to that rule! There is more content already in the works for the game, as well as a new add-on for the game: Rising Storm, that will bring the Pacific Theater alive for Red Orchestra 2 players.

Second, we're giving everyone that owns Red Orchestra 2 a guest pass that they can hand off to a friend for them to check out the game free of charge.

Very true! You guys did such a great job with your first game Red Orchestra Ost Front.

Now, I’m curious toknow if new vehicles, especially and primarily troop transports like halftracks and stuff are still on the table to be released sometime in the not so distant future.

See, I miss the combined arms maps that were community authored! Heck, I still play the Darkest Hour modification because you can ride the back of a tank as an infantryman. Anyway, the guest passes are great! I’ll be sending them out to a few folks.

Upvote 0
I hope the game has a fully functioning server browser soon, for TWI's sake if anything else. I know for a fact that alot of people are being turned off by the fact that the in-game server browser often shows little or no servers. This exact thing happened to a number of my friends who played over the free weekend -- they downloaded the game and promptly uninstalled after seeing only a few servers, or NO servers in some cases.

It's such a basic problem but needs to be really and truly fixed NOW. Even I never use the in-game browser because it hasn't really worked for me ... ever. It seems like a waste to do all of these measures to bring in players when basic things like the server browser aren't in working order ...

Upvote 0
Alan, RO2 is great now, but:

1. When are we getting half-tracks and light tanks? Summer? Christmas? Next year+?
2. When will you decide on whether Rising Storm will be a free mod or paid DLC, and when will we know?
3. Do you have any plans to add new weapons such as the MG 42 and Luger 08 to RO2?

Thanks. :)

Upvote 0
LOL

Do you really think this thread about the price drop and guest passes is the appropriate place to ask such questions? Do you really expect to get an answer to such things here?

As for the working server browser, my browser has worked so much better since the update! I see tons of servers and instead of seeing only 1 or 2 with real people, I see several, many when compared to before the free weekend.

And I LOVE being able to see how many bots are in a server.

I am sorry I was away for that weekend and didn't know about it, I had some friends who would have played.

I will certain take advantage of the free pass.

Upvote 0
Yeah, **** you too.

Do you really think this thread about the price drop and guest passes is the appropriate place to ask such questions? Do you really expect to get an answer to such things here?
Yeah, why not? I was addressing Alan and he started this thread, so to me that made sense. Incidentally I'm assuming they've dropped the price because they want to sell more copies of the game... which they will do once people know that RO2 is a combined arms game and not just an infantry RTS.

Y'all see how that links up? Cool. Oh and thanks for your constructive reply to my perfectly logical set of questions.

Upvote 0
Smart move with the price drop to try to keep community up. Probably should have been done a tad sooner after the sale. But maybe the guest passes will help. Wonder if they are better saved until the summer sale when people are likely to really buy it if they are on the fence after trying.

Upvote 0