• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

GOTY released, Free weekend, Trailer...

Polish up your rifles and grab some ammo - the Game of the Year Edition for Red Orchestra 2 has just been released! From now until Sunday 27 May, Red Orchestra 2 multi-player will be available completely free to play for everyone on Steam so get out there and give the game a try. Not only is the game free this weekend, but if you decide to pick it up before Monday we're selling it at 75% off! We've also created a trailer to showcase the new content added in the free GOTY Content Pack including the new map Mamayev Kurgan.

For the trailer and screenshots, take a look at the front page post: http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/!

PSA: We strongly recommend users verify their cache after they've updated or downloaded the game.

that's why I'm proud of having pre-purchased the deluxe edition, to support your work. The way you managed this RO2 rebirth, shows what you really are, the best comunity-oriented company in the software houses scene.

Thanks for this magnificient update guys, and congrats for:

- the hard work
- your passion
- being constructive and respectful while being encircled

I'm looking forward to RO2 and I will call back some friends.

Let this game be what it deserve.

Long live Red Orchestra !

Reactions: Nylle
Upvote 0
WOW. Thanks SO much for this update. I played a bit of Classic tonight, liked it alot (as in the beta.)

For me though, even more impressive is how much more I like regular realism mode with the tweaks you've done to it. Zoom seems reduced, bandaging takes a bit longer, and lock-down is nowhere near as intrusive as it was. It really IS like a brand new game.

And nearly 1000 people on this late. 5x increase there, hopefully many of them stay. On both servers I was on this evening there was a LOT of positive commentary from existing and NEW players. A lot of helpful commentary from existing TO new players as well.

Heard moments ago on Mamayev map via in-game VOIP:
"This is my first RO match and it is SO F*&^%&G amazing!" Clearly, this gentleman is impressed. As am I. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
It's brilliant. Just finished a very hard-fought match on Mamayev Kurgan as the Allied commander. My opposite number did a great job, winning the match 2:1. I was happy with 80+ kills though, probably 60 of them from artillery :D

I guess the Germans will learn pretty quickly not to bunch up on the objective as it falls :)

Terrific teamwork from both sides, too. The game is just so much better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0