• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

May 23rd 2012 Changelog

That's one impressive list...justifies the wait for the update IMHO.
Knew that TWI was working on it...but this is far exceeding what I expected.
I think you got just about every bug reported. (Well, the ones I could remember were there)
Good job guys...eager to try a game after the patch. :)

I'm sure we can be an annoyingly vocal user base, but at least that fact helps TWI know exactly what problems people are experiencing :p

Upvote 0
I'm sure we can be an annoyingly vocal user base, but at least that fact helps TWI know exactly what problems people are experiencing :p
No argument there...the lads at TWI wanted the input. The change-log reflects a commitment and attitude that other game developers would do well to emulate.
50 mins to go on the patch...have a feeling It's going to be a late one tonight.:eek:

Upvote 0
done that, just downloaded about 1 or 10mb, can't remember, that were probably sound files because i changed that everybody speak original language.

EDIT: is this verify integrity of file chace? if not, i don't know where is validating in steam, please help me

So you are saying you can't get in a game?

And yes, that is verifying....

Upvote 0
done that, just downloaded about 1 or 10mb, can't remember, that were probably sound files because i changed that everybody speak original language.

EDIT: is this verify integrity of file chace? if not, i don't know where is validating in steam, please help me

Double click to launch your game. Chances are you still need to convert it to the new 'byte size' update method. This happens when you try to launch your game.

Upvote 0
Question to developers:
Foreword:
As far as i can see, the spawn methode in FF-mode has changed after the patch. Previosely, it was possible for player to be respawned at any spawnpoint on the map. After the patch, i never spawned on the distant spawnpoints, but only on the starting ones or near the teammembers.

This way the combat on the full 50-player server often becomes a complete positional stalemate with no chance of breakthrough, due to reinforcements coming directly to the frontline every 10-15 seconds.

The question itself:
Is this "spawn methode change" a result of some changes to playerstart properties on the map, or it's happening as the result of some changes in game engine, and can't be fixed in the game editor? I've found no notes on this in the changelog, so i have to ask. If it's better to ask in some other forum section, please tell me, where.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Spawn on Squad Leader now uses a system whereby the player spawns on the navmesh in a position which fits the usual criteria (not in enemy LoS, not in the cap etc.) rather than a random playerstart.

I would guess that, after round start a similar thing happens but it is just "spawn on friendly" - not had a chance to look yet, though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks, Nestor, i understand that :)

As far as i understand, actor on respawn in FF mode before the patch used any playerstart, mostly near one of the friendlies.

Now actor do use
1) initial playerstarts, used in other modes at the start of the round
2) spawn on friendlies at any place
at least 1st condition is used no matter at all, are there enemies nearby or not.

I was interested in the problem, if it were just the distant playerstarts (other then initial) made out of use in their properties (i can fix it more or less easily), or it's the coding thing, which i can change in no way, or maybe smth else.

If any of you, fellow readers, have any FF map of the pre-patch times (or maybe all of them, to my great luck), i'll be really grateful if you'll upload it to any filehost, for i could make a comparison in the editor myself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0