• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 2 Game of the Year Edition Announced - Dev Diary Video!

And now we have to play the same 8 maps over and over. They are so boring. That should be a GOTY edition. Pls stop fooling us, sorry im realy disappointed. Those arent the news I have waited since release. Sorry but im realy disappointed. No tanks, no vehicles, an Action mode and 1 silly new map!!
Aye, its all in all very disappointing indeed.

Upvote 0
Spread the word on gaming forums and amongst your friends guys!!!
Use the internet as the powerful information tool it is!
To the ones that are disapointed I would like to recommend that extra new content is on its way (Rising Storm let's not forget about), and that the 20ish guys at Tripwire that have been working on fixing the game only have two hands and one brain..... Ain't DICE with thousands of employers and billions of dollars budjets

Upvote 0
Spread the word on gaming forums and amongst your friends guys!!!
Use the internet as the powerful information tool it is!
To the ones that are disapointed I would like to recommend that extra new content is on its way (Rising Storm let's not forget about), and that the 20ish guys at Tripwire that have been working on fixing the game only have two hands and one brain..... Ain't DICE with thousands of employers and billions of dollars budjets
Speaking of DICE, they made it known that the next Frostbite iteration will require a 64 bit OS.

I'll be playing RO2. :)

Upvote 0
Of course it is. But it IS the same damn 8 maps with no additions of anything except a change in gameplay. They should probably hold off the free weekend for another few months....

Or have a new free weekend every time a patch releases. If people see big patches and stuff very often they might be more inclined to to end up buying a game for that sake.

Personally I like the Dev Diary, as it feels more honest. I would like to see more of those in the future, although with a bit less reading off a screen :p.

Last edited:
Reactions: >F|R< Sarcinelli
Upvote 0
Or have a new free weekend every time a patch releases. If people see big patches and stuff very often they might be more inclined to to end up buying a game for that sake.

Yes, outward noticability is always key. And I just made that term up I think.

But, I still dont think this patch should be RO 2's big re-release event. Im sure most people will still be perturbed by the lack of content and not come back a third time on the boy-who-cried-wolf principle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was under the impression the free weekend would only come a week after the patch was officially released. I'm a little worried, since that would give a week for people to find any egregious bugs.

An instant free weekend is a little risky, and needlessly so. Still, this doesn't mitigate my anticipation for the release at all. Many hours will be spent playing the game, methinks!

Upvote 0