• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - Gearing Up For Release

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Welcome back to the latest installment of the What We Are Up To post. It continues to be a busy month here with many things in the works. With summer just around the corner, we are hard at work bringing updates to some of your favorite Tripwire titles. What can you expect you ask? Read on to find out. Topics include: Upcoming changes to the RO 2 beta, how the beta will be rolled out to everyone, and our future plans for RO 2.

We hope to push out two beta updates, one today and one later this week. You can find the WIP Changelog for today's update HERE. Included (but not turned on) in the latest beta builds will be Campaign mode as well as some experimental gameplay changes for the normal (relaxed realism) setting. More details can be found HERE and we will be once again looking for player feedback to these changes.

As the current RO 2 beta nears completion (system/gameplay refinements, additional modes, bug fixes and changes based on player feedback) we are looking to roll the patch out live sometime in the next few weeks. As we get closer to that date we will be continuing to make adjustments to the beta based off player feedback and finish several more refinements.

Moving forward, shortly after these changes go live we will be looking to do a free weekend. Be sure to spread the word and tell your friends that have been on the fence that this will be a great chance for them to see first hand how the game plays!

And while we've managed to update many aspects of Red Orchestra 2 through this beta we know there is more to be done. We have set our sights on the Squad and Tank systems next as well as additional UI refinements.

I was preparing an angr response stating that I had been on 3 different continents travelling since the last patch and at easter I come back ... still nothing...

But then I see
    We have set our sights on the Squad system

Well.... it is something to know that finally after a ton of posts begging to fix this vital thing it is finally being spoken about.

Still Yoshiro and other devs... that should have been the second priority after performance. I can't see how the devs have taken a whole year to get to the important stuff. ANd then I don't expect it to be actually fixed until the next patch somewhere in september? One year for something vital???

Plz keep your word and fix this now asap, because I am losing the loooong patience I have had. Admittedly, twitch players and ro1 players do not seem to care about this, but then have they ever enjoyed good squadplay? It is the only way to get tactics and organisation in games with 64 players instead of freaking rambo-camper gameplay we have now.

In conclusion: Kudos for finally seeing the light, sort of ;).

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    I really hope that the classic mode is soon ready for release. I look up the server browser every evening but I never see the player count rise above 20 guys in the beta. With classic mode and free weekend I really hope people start to play this game more frequently. I have the feeling that the modscene is is partly dead at the moment due to problems with the redirect etc.

Upvote 0