• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Live Q and A with John and Alan during the Final Round of the Scorched Earth Finals

The final match of the last round of the Scorched Earth Tournament match is happening this Sunday, March 25th, at 20:00 CET/15:00 EST. Once again, fans can tune in HERE to watch it live. Between rounds during the match (as well as before and after) John and Alan will be fielding questions from the community posted here in our forums. So mark off your calendars today, and get your questions in now!

Post your questions here in the thread!
Can u please tell me when can we play the Rising Storm or other MODs?:D

Upvote 0
John and Alan will be fielding questions from the community posted here in our forums. So mark off your calendars today, and get your questions in now!

Post your questions here in the thread!

Hi guys, I'm loving RO2. Ever since release there's been talk of adding stereoscopic 3D support to the game, and I've asked about the progress of this update on twitter and other live Q&A's. I've had no luck so far.

I know this issue is probably the LEAST pressing right now, but if you guys could let us know how far you are on that I'd love you for all eternity, even more so than I do now. Thanks!

Upvote 0
How come the T34's F34 76mm gun can't penetrate the PIV's turret mantlet, front glacis, or turret front at ranges down to 150m? And how come the PTRS can shoot through the T34's glacis and turret front?

That's sincerely meant in the most constructive way possible--I know Alan poured many hours, including off hours, into that armor system. :IS2:
Yea this.
TWI can say that they know nothing about bugs in the armor-section, but this turns out to be one major loophole in logic and ''balanced'' gameplay.

Upvote 0
How come the T34's F34 76mm gun can't penetrate the PIV's turret mantlet, front glacis, or turret front at ranges down to 150m? And how come the PTRS can shoot through the T34's glacis and turret front?

That's sincerely meant in the most constructive way possible--I know Alan poured many hours, including off hours, into that armor system. :IS2:

Upvote 0
Questions i personally would like answered.

• What regrets do you have when you made RO2?
  • The gameplay has obviously changed from RO1 to RO2, you are releasing "classic mode" to please RO1 players, when it comes to RO3, would you revert back to old school style RO1 play or "evolve" further like RO2 did?
  • Why was RO2 a more infantry focused game? (Total lack of halftracks, still waiting on more tanks and a vehicle big vehicle update, alot of infantry maps, smaller maps, less open maps, no rpg's for infantry such as the panzerfaust, tanks just seem to sit and farm kills at the back of the map etc)
  • Whats your opinion on the server population?
  • Do you think changing RO's gameplay has been a success?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikita
Upvote 0
Tuned in last weekend and will definitely tune in today.

My question is about the audio system - will it see a much needed overhaul or will individual audio issues be handled one by one in the future?

One that predominately comes to mind is inaudible footsteps from others beside the player? It really is disheartening and steals from the purposely directed atmosphere having people run around you make literally no sound at all.

As an example, hearing foreign enemy voices in Commissars House accompanied by creaking wooden floors will add to the atmosphere and tension factor that should be properly conveyed in this game.

Upvote 0