• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Reopening the Red Orchestra 2 Beta

It will be an Option in the Option menu...

I know. There is an option in the beta, but still some english sentences to hear. My question was, if this will be fixed too, to hear ONLY native voices.

Anyone knows why I don't get any servers shown in beta ? :eek:

No problems with full version!

You have to join via IP.

Upvote 0
I know. There is an option in the beta, but still some english sentences to hear. My question was, if this will be fixed too, to hear ONLY native voices.

Yes. Quote from Yoshiro from this very thread...

Native Voices are not fully implemented yet. However please use the beta forums to provide feedback, discuss the game and report bugs.

Upvote 0
I bought the dvd on the first day of sale last Sept. Friends of mine were already playing the beta D/L before that. Is this beta the same? Is this beta a testing ground? Will the new stuff be added to the "full" version? Sorry if all this has been answered I just can't find the info. :confused:
this beta is for EVERYONE to be able to test the new map to find it's bugs and to test out a bunch of other stuff that may or may not make it into the game. the more people that get involved in it, the faster it will go (my guess) looks like we may be waiting for a wile though. every time i log into the beta to test, there's hardly anyone there.
we really have no one to blame about the hold-up this time, as far as i'm concerned.

Upvote 0
wierd, cause they show up for me
then it sounds like you're the only one they did show up for. you are talking about in-game servers right? not the ones that show on steam? how many servers and which ones? should have only been like five.

edit... i see the twb old glory server is showing up now!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
While I like the enemy spotted markers, it seem to point out and spot enemies if I just click the key in the general direction when I really didn't see them. Also it isn't necessary to name the class of the enemy. Just the red crosshairs works fine. Not to mention the extra type just blocks your line of sight anyway.

Agreed I'd also prefer it to be limited to a relatively short radius around you (if it isn't already) so only those close enough to be in speaking range get the heads up on the enemy.

I'm not sure how widely highly mobile radiomen were used in the red army in the sense I know them from the western allies with the portable radios on their back but I'd love a system where for example the recon plane gives data to the radioman who then can communicate it only to those around him. However give those around him the ability to update the maps of friendlys they encounter for the next few minutes.

In fact I think I would prefer it if once an enemy was spotted you had some kind of indication of their last known position on the map permenantly. This would be particularly useful when dealing with static enemy emplacements that are inflicting lots of casualties.

Maybe I'm overcomplicating things though!

Upvote 0