• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What we are up to - Refinements Part 2

But again I miss some serious statemantes about body collission, class layouts, reload speed, stamina, fov, tank ai, and the other crap that has to be fixed.
True enough. They seem to focus on easy to fix but utterly insubstantial issues, while ignoring the foully mismanaged core mechanisms. Even worse, we're not actually seeing anything being put into practise, are we?

How are things on the beta?

Upvote 0
Starting with one of the top requested items from the community: being able to select what level of weapon they go into battle with from the upgrades they have unlocked. The design for this system isn't fully finalized yet, but our early prototype consists of a toggle next to an available weapon on the class selection scrren that will allow the player to click between his unlocks.

Don't forget that MG34 has 3 options (normal, drums, belt) for the same "category" of upgrades.

Especially pertinent with the addition of being able to select the "level of weapon" is the question: Will the game remember what we selected previously, or we have to reselect each option whenever we open the Change Role menu? Because right now the Change Role menu doesn't remember that I chose "x" primary weapon and "y" sidearm for the "z" class and it's a little annoying having to choose that each time a new match starts/team is switched/etc., but with even more options to choose from it could become significantly more annoying.

+1

Also be made available on the binds list will be functionality for both toggle and un-toggle of prone, crouch and iron sights.

There are things that you don't see when they are implemented, but shine by their absence. THIS is one of them. It completely annoyed me. Good to hear that it will be implemented.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrimReality
Upvote 0
Though it has taken a very long time, it's good to finally see some big issues being addressed. Keep up the flow of info!

Yes. Good it's coming though! Many of these annoyances really add up to sour the game long term. Also add the point about the game remembering your last preference in a round. I also really hope the spawn screen gets the attention it needs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great list there.

Is there a chance of turning off automatic features such as deploying the mg when going prone, and the game automatically kicking you up to a crouch run when you are prone and hit the run button.

It is engrained in my skull to manually press crouch as i start to run, but this often results in the player character jumping around stances and occasionally bugs up very badly. ( Crawling at head height for example ).

Secondly is that not every time I go prone does the game deploy the MG. So I am never sure if i should deploy it myself, or hope the game does, and if I do then I might be un deploying it.

Upvote 0
Great list there.

Is there a chance of turning off automatic features such as deploying the mg when going prone, and the game automatically kicking you up to a crouch run when you are prone and hit the run button.

It is engrained in my skull to manually press crouch as i start to run, but this often results in the player character jumping around stances and occasionally bugs up very badly. ( Crawling at head height for example ).

Secondly is that not every time I go prone does the game deploy the MG. So I am never sure if i should deploy it myself, or hope the game does, and if I do then I might be un deploying it.

Agreed, I would like to turn both these features off myself.

Upvote 0
Hope you guys are improving the squad system so that squads are actually able to work together. That's the one thing that bothered me from the beginning :p

^This.

Also, it might sound a bit harsh, but to some extent teamplay needs to be "forced" upon player to make a really great game.

Having played Reality Mod / Project Reality for Battlefield 2 I know such a system can work really well if done right.

Upvote 0