• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What we are up to - Refinements Part 2

this sounds like an opportunity to bring up a previously posted idea!

This idea assumes that the unlocking process will be removed and the attachments will be selectable (at minimum in Realism Mode/Server Options)

I propose a system of chance upon spawning. Let's say that the TT-33 is allowed for 40% of Allied soldiers. The default choice would remain unrestricted -choose M1895, you're going to get it- and if you choose the TT-33, you're going to get it as long as the percentage of players who want it is less than 40%. But if you select the TT-33 and more players want it, you're effectively participating in a drawing for it.
The percentage at which the weapon or attachment is restricted can be based on the historical likelihood of seeing them.

Maybe it could be annoying at times, but I see it being less annoying than everyone spawning with the best equipment (why not use always use MG 34 belts, for instance?) or as it is now with everyone being stuck with versions of weapons they don't necessarily like (for example, some consider the removal of the Kar98k's sight hood not to be an upgrade)

Thanks for reading!

I realize the idea may be too complex, and it's a bit unrefined as of now, but I think something like it might be worth considering as a balance between player choice and limiting the appearance of rare or more effective weapons that would be an obvious choice otherwise (like MG belts and semi-auto snipers). From what I gather, we can't select attachments in Classic- variations of weapons did exist and this might be a reasonable way to show that. Thoughts, anyone? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Longbow
Upvote 0
this sounds like an opportunity to bring up a previously posted idea!

I realize the idea may be too complex, and it's a bit unrefined as of now, but I think something like it might be worth considering as a balance between player choice and limiting the appearance of rare or more effective weapons that would be an obvious choice otherwise (like MG belts and semi-auto snipers). From what I gather, we can't select attachments in Classic- variations of weapons did exist and this might be a reasonable way to show that. Thoughts, anyone? :)

I've always been an advocate of spawn probability stuff:IS2:

Upvote 0
Great stuff, Yoshiro. I'm really looking forward to seeing the following issue discussed:

Now we have a few more refinements to talk about next time as we gear up for the re-opening of the RO 2 beta. In part 3 we will be covering refinements to the Squad Leader Spawn, Squad and Tank UI, Peripheral Indicators, and Enemy spotted systems.

Hope you guys are improving the squad system so that squads are actually able to work together. That's the one thing that bothered me from the beginning :p

Upvote 0
Omg this can't be....... It's scary how much you guys are listening to us. It almost makes me worry that maybe you are running out of important things to improved told by us.

You are like completely remaking the game..

Yoshiro It would not be a bad idea for you to keep a summary list over things that are changed. I find it highly likely that you will find it useful in the future. (Yes I meant a personal list.)

And, please, keep a log (a public log) of things that are been done till now, it's a very good poster for the game ;)

Some good things on the lists. I really can't wait for part three of these Refinement threads though as Squad/User UI will be a huge factor for better team relay and communications. It is much needed.

Waiting for this a lot too, make those "soldiers" act like soldiers! :IS2:

A big THANKS!

It does really good to my heart to see a company caring for their products and listening to their consumers! This will make the difference between a software house that just sells a "logo" over and over again, and a team of pro's :cool:

Keep it up!

Reactions: MacX
Upvote 0
Removing the "Unranked" tab and simply making it a filter would be appreciated.

As for selectable upgrades: can we have that for selectable equipment? Sometimes I may not want to spawn with AT nades or satchels as engineer. Id end up thorwing them away on spawn anyway, so it would be nice to decide not have them in the first place.
If you throw away your satchels as Engineer then you should not be playing engineer. Period.

Engineer is not assault lite.

Upvote 0
Removing the "Unranked" tab and simply making it a filter would be appreciated.

If you throw away your satchels as Engineer then you should not be playing engineer. Period.

Engineer is not assault lite.

As a Vet Engineer, you HAVE to throw away either your AT grenades or satchels to be combat effective. The pistol, if applicable, goes too. Otherwise, you just move too slowly. On combined arms maps, I'll take the satchel and drop the AT grenades my first few spawns, blow up objectives and entrances, then take AT grenades and discard the satchels to hunt enemy tanks... whichever one I feel will be more useful is the one I keep.

Agree totally that Engineer is not assault, however... been through too many rounds on Pavlov's House and especially Red October where the attacking team would have won had the Engineers bothered to open up new entrances. The anti-tank is also critical, especially for the Soviets who can't easily take on the PIV with the PTRS.

Upvote 0
+1 to merge Ranked and Unranked servers, the icon in the details is already good enough to tell apart.

However, I would be happy to see in future a tab for each type of realism: normal, hardcore, custom and classic.

It would be nice to sort out servers by number of human players.

Remove one and gain 5 - hmmmm :confused: perhaps added filters but no more tabs.

Upvote 0
Remove one and gain 5 - hmmmm :confused: perhaps added filters but no more tabs.
It would be a gain of 4 actually...
Internet / Normal / Realistic / Classic / Custom / Favorites / Friends / Lan / Recently played

This seems to me relevant since these types will differentiate quite widely.

Otherwise, at the least filters system could be indeed improved to allow to select several types at once, and not just only one.

Upvote 0