• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What we are up to - Refinements

Would really like to see some deeper refinements to the bandaging system as Amerikaner has pointed out and see it implemented or at least tested in RO Classic.

RO Classic should be the evolved state of RO, but I see a split of what it's true direction is supposed to be here on the forums. Some think it's merely a Ostfront makeover and some, like myself, just wanted the refinements in from the beginning to give it that classic feel, yet evolved like a true sequel should be.

I really think you guys should not leave RO Classic out as an exception when it comes to certain features in the game that will see improvements because such additions are great ideas that just suffered bad execution upon release.

Overall I'm appreciative of the efforts of Tripwire recently, keep it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: I. Kant
Upvote 0
all great additions, thanks for the post.

Have you considered adding an option to set the Iron Sights to "HOLD" rather than "TOGGLE"? I know there is a workaround but then it tends to glitch with the bipod autodeploy (meaning i cant undeploy when that happens).

Or perhaps just a way to disable autodeploy for the bipods when going prone.

Upvote 0
The last item we would like to mention today is Native Voices. Players will receive an option to enable native speakers for their team. When this option is selected, a player on the German team would hear German dialog from himself and fellow players on his team. For those seeking the greatest immersion, this will be the option for them.

Oh my god, I can't believe it. I will be going to church this sunday for a prayer. God finally exists!

Coming up in the next "What we are up to - Refinement edition" we'll be talking about selectable upgrades, key bindings, the scoreboard and changes coming to the server browser. And keep in mind that any of this is subject to change and is a WIP.

Yes, yes, yes. 2012 is starting very well. Keep up the great work lately!
And a big THANK YOU

Upvote 0
Any chance your character will actually use his hands to bandage himself rather than telekenesis?

In my personal opinion, bandaging should require putting down your weapon, using both hands to bandage yourself, and then picking your weapon back up.

First thing I imagined while reading this was, Getting up and noticing some guy had nicked my ppsh with I was bandaging. :D

Upvote 0
The last item we would like to mention today is Native Voices. Players will receive an option to enable native speakers for their team. When this option is selected, a player on the German team would hear German dialog from himself and fellow players on his team. For those seeking the greatest immersion, this will be the option for them.

Danke. Spasiba.
Finally. It was about time you implemented this without resorting to some file-renaming-tweaking. No more that god-awful C-movie englich/russiinglish bullcr*p.

Would it be too much to ask to reduce the unnecessary babble as well? I am not that interested to hear that I have to save the fuel right when freaking spawn with the tank... nor am I interested if someone has 6 feet hole reserved somewhere or if someone might be sh*tting their pants or not in the near future.

Upvote 0
I am not quite sure I understand this sentence. Does that mean that you will keep the old system where there is an upper limit for limb-damage and that above that limit it will become impervious to damage?
I found that bit confusing too. Please clarify!

Re: RO2 Classic mode - like some of the other posters, I think with this kind of tweaking to game systems, you might not actually need an RO2 Classic at all - tweaked Realism mode might do the job quite nicely, especially if anti-lag is included (or at least a server option).

Upvote 0