• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"What we are up to" - Feb 3rd edition

Tripwire please consider adding a larger delay between sprinting and firing. Not just to classic but to all modes as right now there's absolutely no advantage to jogging with your gun ready compared to just sprinting everywhere as the delay is nearly non-existent.

Adding a significant delay from 'running full pelt' to gun at the ready and able to fire will slow the game down and discourage run and gunning - THIS IS A GOOD THING!

Upvote 0
Tripwire please consider adding a larger delay between sprinting and firing. Not just to classic but to all modes as right now there's absolutely no advantage to jogging with your gun ready compared to just sprinting everywhere as the delay is nearly non-existent.

Adding a significant delay from 'running full pelt' to gun at the ready and able to fire will slow the game down and discourage run and gunning - THIS IS A GOOD THING!

I agree

Upvote 0

This, and I think they should fix how people can zig zag ridiculously while sprinting. It's so annoying to have a crazy German run at you while you can't hit him and end up getting bayoneted. Also running speed needs to be reduced when going up stairs. It is ridiculous to be sitting at the top of the stairs to be bayoneted by a charging rifleman.

Upvote 0
One quick concern:

Hopefully this classic mode wont bring the recoil of all weapons back to level 1, in that case the mode will be useless for me personally. Just saying.

Weapons like the Mkb42, PPSH & MG34 have a ridiculous amount of recoil at levl 1, so I'm hoping they will retain their lvl 50 recoil in Classic Mode.

Hmmm... they say the default PPSh will have the drum magazine, which in-game results in much lower recoil, just as the MP40/II has less recoil than the standard MP40. It's definitely not going to have the amount of recoil the stick-mag PPSh does.

The MG34 and DP28 have always had very odd recoil, so that's nothing new.

As for the Mkb... I look forward to seeing A LOT less of it, and I couldn't give two cents as to how absurd its recoil is. :D

~~~~~~

On squad leaders--if they lose the ability to spawn squadmates, their tasks will be to give orders, mark arty coordinates, and drop smoke. Seems like a good change to me, but perhaps surprisingly I'm not so sure about them losing their SMGs.

Currently, there can be like 5 SLs per team on a 64 person server. Perhaps the number of squad leaders (and squads) can be cut down to two or three, allowing them to retain their SMGs? (with a bolt-action option)

Upvote 0
Look through Yoshiro's posts in this thread - where the list says "level x", this specifically refers to the upgrades that come with the weapon. He explains that the reload / recoil boosts are to be looked at separately.

Please, all of you - if you aren't happy with the current gameplay, and the Classic mode seems mostly good but there are some things in the proposal you believe will be broken, DON'T JUST SAY IT'S NOT FOR YOU.

Instal the beta when it comes out, play it, and provide polite and well-reasoned feedback to TWI saying what you like and what you don't, and why, and what mechanics need to change.

Remember that whether right or wrong, TWI have a different view of realism than you do, and don't bother trying to justify suggestions for classic on realism grounds. Instead, focus on gameplay and fun, and be specific about mechanics and the effect they have on player behaviour and what tactics work and don't work and whether those tactics are what you would like to see in Classic mode.

Reactions: TrOOper and TravisT
Upvote 0
I'll have a go at it once it gets out ofcourse, I am just saying that if the recoil stays at lvl 1 for weapons such as the MG34, PPSH, MkB42 & DT-28, then I'll be politely passing it up afterwards. Surely that is a completely fair & OK statement to make?

Btw: What of the ability to take off & put on the bayonet ingame. That one has been requested since beta.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My high priorities are in bold...

+1 Complete wounding based penalties :
*A hit at the hand makes the weapon drop
*A hit at the arm increases sway...

+1 Enable full body collision

+1 Enable ability to shove a teammate, useful when he blocks the passage.

+1 Enable bayonet attachment

+1 Try to tweak bandage system : lengthen delay of bleeding and bandaging

+1 Keep machine pistols and semi-automatic rifles for SLs, restrict squads/classes unlock depending of number of players

Disable auto pick weapon

Disable free aim at the ironsight

Tweak area protection : disable sudden death. When an objective is captured and an area become protected, a player located in this area is able to defend his position but can't reentering after he left it.

Disable area protection and objectives lock when reinforcements are dropped to 0

Alternative to Lockdown : allow attacking team players to

Upvote 0
Is it true that the recoil gets decreased when you level up with your weapon in RO2? How's that possible? Magic? Why not just let the player learn to control the recoil? :confused: No need for free cheats. I'm quite glad after all that I only have played the game for 20h. I saved that time for arma and red faction. It would be really frustating to gain perks such as these and it would certainly ruin the experience even more in ro2, where the only funfactor left would be teamkilling. The last time I did this in a game was roughly 8-9 years ago as a kid. Is there any more cod-like features that I am not aware of? (nf). Its really a thinking mans game. Because you think and write more than playing it. In my case.

So basicly, I am really looking forward for RO CLASSIC and It can by no doubt make RO2 awesome and remove this groundbreaking features that totally ruins the experience for me atm. I'd MUCH rather feel like walking in porridge, al

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You sir, flame bait wannabe troll. what happened to the first poerisijia account? On vacation for flame baiting?

:rolleyes:

No, it doesn't work anymore for some reason. I can post, but the post don't show up for anyone. I can up and downvote though, and it works and shows for everyone.

And I was asking him a question, why keep complaining when he already got what he wanted?

Upvote 0
It would be fantastic if they did away with the MKb all together or allowed the ability to select/deselect available weapons for use in the maps. If they wanted to go for realism (again, this is a personal opinion, which everyone is entitled to, and also bodes for historical accuracy since there is no recorded evidence of use in Stalingrad) then it would not be included. I feel that the weapon really throws off the balance and tempo of the matches. As far as the NCO and Team Leader position's are concerned, I think that allowing them to have access to SMGs or semi auto rifles is not a problem, but in sparing numbers with a few slots for assault troops and the rest with bolt action rifles. I think reducing the number of NCOs would drastically change the way the game is played as well. As a rifleman, it is gratifying to kill an SMG trooper with a bayo and then use the SMGs when the situation dictates it. The game is overflowing with full auto and semi auto weapons, which should be on a more sparing level.

Upvote 0