• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2: State of the Game

[TW]Wilsonam

VP, Tripwire Int.
Oct 17, 2005
Roswell, GA
www.tripwireinteractive.com
By most business measures Red Orchestra 2 has been a smashing success for Tripwire Interactive. Within 2 days of the launch of the game it had surpassed the lifetime revenue of the original Red Orchestra that has been selling for over 5 years. The pre-sales and launch week sales of the game broke all company records, even beating out our hit game Killing Floor by a three-fold margin. But for all of this success we've not done as well as we would have liked in the most important area to us - the happiness of all of our customers. To put it bluntly, the game had a rough launch. We've been working diligently since launch to get these issues sorted and have made great progress fixing issues with matchmaking, VOIP, and stability as well as improving performance. The final major area that we've been working on is stats, player progression and ranking.

We have now fixed all of the major issues with the stats system and released an update yesterday to address these issues. Due to the problems with stats and players either earning stats and achievements that they didn't actually earn or earning stats at many times the intended rate, we are going to have to do a global reset of all stats for the game. This means all achievements, stats and player progression will be rolled back as if all players were new. This was not an easy decision for us to make, but one we felt we needed to do to preserve the integrity of the stats and ranking system, and to provide all of the players the best experience with the game over the long term. Knowing that there are people that have been playing the game for a few weeks now and will lose the stats for that time we are going to provide a special bonus to all players. For the next few weeks all players will earn double experience in Red Orchestra 2. This means if a player plays the game during the double experience period they will quickly get their experience up to where they would have been had these issues never existed. Additionally, we are going to give those playing the game during the double experience period a special achievement called "In B4 Reset". Right now this is just an achievement, but we're going to be looking at ways to give special rewards to the players that have this achievement in the future.

Thank you to all of the players that have made Red Orchestra 2 a hit so far. We've got a lot of exciting things in store with free content coming for the game so stay tuned over the coming weeks for more news on that front!

Unlocked: Sep 19, 2011 5:22pm
Exemplary Service
Unlocked: Sep 27, 2011 6:02pm This shouldn't be there.
Honorary Service
Unlocked: Sep 19, 2011 7:06pm
Bleed on me?
Unlocked: Oct 7, 2011 2:19pm
In B4 Reset

Looks like this one was overlooked.

Nm.
All are now removed. Thanks TWI.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Stats

Stats

Thank you for fixing the stats..... I haven't played this game for almost 2 weeks now, because I was waiting for this issue to be fixed.

As well it was the right decision to reset the stats!!! I wouldn't want to go forward knowing that most of stats would be inflated to rediculous lengths. For those who never had a stats issue (which I believe were very few) it will suck a bit..... but overall the best option you had available.

I can't wait for more maps and community built material

Thanks again

From a loyal WWII enthusiast.

Upvote 0
I played almost nothing but rifleman bolt and thought my stats were correct. Then I started looking at the other classes and saw I got raises in them without playing them, and by looking at the large number of screenshots that I took, I saw even my rifleman was a bit inflated. I never got the multilevel jump that some did, but am still glad it was all set to zero. Those who are complaining that they lost legitimate stats probably never went over game after game and saw they were inflated.

Upvote 0
Are you kidding me?
So mutch BS in those words, only the "we get a bunch of money selling u a broken product" is right...
Stats? they are not fixed, but i dont give a ****, because u should put your efforts in others things but stats... But its funny how ridiculous this feature is making troubles..

I just enter the game after the stat reset, made a teamkill in the first shot and get a +1 Honor Lever, bahhhhhhh double xp Points? why??
To have the game unplayeble in a less period of time? Why not just Give fuking all stats and levels and achivements to all ppl just be happy? cut the BS

Upvote 0
But for all of this success we've not done as well as we would have liked in the most important area to us - the happiness of all of our customers.
And you know what your vocal and loyal customers want now, right? :p

Thank you, anyway. Even though I don't like a lot of design decisions you guys have made, I'm still having a lot of fun with the game, more than any other MP game ou there *cough* BF3 *cough*, though the fun could be tripled, not only for me, but probably for the majority of the people on these forums (and probably for the majority of the fanbase as well), if you guys could just listen to our pleas and give us back the RO experience we once loved :)

Upvote 0
WOW . What else can I say ? You, TWI guys, deserve respect.

You're showing a very mature and respectful behaviour to who made your success possible, and this is a very uncommon thing in the software houses world. The most of the times swh release a title full of bugs, and let the purchasers wait months before a final and stable product ; Im' thinking of, for example, the ea and dice's battlefield series.

If you will keep acting like this, you can be sure that the comunity will surely grant you a very promising future. This is the way and this should behave a software house.

You mentioned the revenues and I'm more than happy to have paid you the difference betewwn the standard edition and the digital deluxe. Clearly speaking, I wasn't interested neither to the early access to the beta (because I think that it should be free of charge), neither to the other "very little" features of the deluxe edition, but I willingly gave you the rest.

Your post it's the reason behind my decision, and behind the decision of a lot of guys here, old Red Orchestra payers.

Keep on working and support this game, keep on releasing updates, rework the maps and make them better (they seem a bit too polite and clean, think of the edges !!), please also revamp the tank modes (no-one plays with the tanks unfortunately) and support the modding comunity !! In short, keep un the good work and focus on new and interesting features because you got the talent.

I will be willing for example to see a giant map like the one in the beginning of the film ''enemy at the gates'' (river volga assault), I would like tank battles like in the old and great RO1, I also would like to see more concentrated firefights (It seems to me that the infantry maps are a bit too large and less long, than the original ones in ro1 ; sometimes it doesen't show the fierce of battle and the battlefield it's just too calm. :eek: A suggestion : why don't implement a non static background with ai scripted battles over the edge of the maps ? For example tank warfare, massive arty bombardements, stuka bombardments, crashing planes, etc, etc. It could be a revolution in this kind of ww2 games ! :eek:)

Thanks so much for the effort and for your behaviour, it's very appreciated

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It works great for me since this last patch , but the game takes a big performance hit on anything above 16 channel audio .. maybe some future update will support hardware accelerated sound, for those with real soundcards(like me).
Just makes me depressed to hear the great sound on 128, but not being able to use it becuse of stutter. :D

Upvote 0
Soft-Wipe is a good decision. I better earn my achievements by myself than just getting them.
You guys deserve respect. You put alot of effort in this game to fix the issues. If you now look at CoD:BO where the engine just doesnt work on Win7 and after a year still stutters.
Continue your good work guys

Upvote 0
To be honest, the reason I stopped playing temporarily was because one match when I earned a trophy it gave me 20 along with it which I didn't earn at all.. It cheapened the game for me. I was actually going to write in and see if you could reset just my Steam account for the achievements but you've reset all of them! Making it even better that I didn't even have to ask. This gives me a reason to jump right back into my favorite multiplayer game and it looks like it will be for a long time to come. (I don't consider BF3 and this in the same genre)

Upvote 0
I think you should give evryone the Campaign achievements. most people will have finished the campaigns and most wont want to go through them again.

All i would ask is if you clear it all and leave single player Campign acheivements. (even if some one has not done the campaign it is not a big deal to have those achievments completed.)

BTW, achievements/rewards are great.... with single player you get a bit of a story and sense of completing a mission....MP can be a bit crap like that....yeh the gameplay is good but you dont feel like you have acheived much except for wasting your time playing games... atleast with achievements you get some kind of reward, something to look forward too.

Reactions: Goten
Upvote 0
I think you should give evryone the Campaign achievements. most people will have finished the campaigns and most wont want to go through them again.

All i would ask is if you clear it all and leave single player Campign acheivements. (even if some one has not done the campaign it is not a big deal to have those achievments completed.)

BTW, achievements/rewards are great.... with single player you get a bit of a story and sense of completing a mission....MP can be a bit crap like that....yeh the gameplay is good but you dont feel like you have acheived much except for wasting your time playing games... atleast with achievements you get some kind of reward, something to look forward too.

The achievement you get in MP is owning a real life human player. Shouldn't you be in school right now?

Upvote 0