• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2: State of the Game

I have decided, after 40 hours, too stop playing the game. Atleast until new, fun maps are introduced.

Why? I am just too much frustrated...protected area, laggy bullet detection,artillery, camping (all the freaking time), germans having the advantage 90% of the time, and many more little things like the kar98 reloading two bullets after having fired one shot (hard to fix....). The maps in general are waay too campy and again unbalanced. Take elevator. Basically it's the russians shooting from a huge building, with a gazzillion windows, on to the germans spawn. No fun.

I just wanted a WWII game that was FUN, not frustrating. I srsly hope it will improve in the future with community maps.

Inb4 BF3 blabla

Upvote 0
I'll try it overnight. Thanks for the tip, hope it will work.

Does anyone know whether it's intentional or a bug that sometimes, when getting shot and bleeding, you can't move, can't bandage, can't do anything, and your screen *slowly* fades to black?

That's not a bug, it's what's called "slow death". It's neither a slow bleedout nor a fast bleedout; you are unavoidably dying and there is nothing you can do to bandage yourself and live, but it happens slower than instantly like a headshot.

There is a bright side, however: as your screen slowly fades, you can still open fire and if the bugger who shot you is close enough to make out in the gloom as you sink into oblivion, you might have just enough time as you fade away to take him down with you. Careful though, it's obviously harder to id targets in that state and you won't want to just fire randomly and blindly because you might accidentally take out a teammate.

Upvote 0
I have decided, after 40 hours, too stop playing the game. Atleast until new, fun maps are introduced.

Why? I am just too much frustrated...protected area, laggy bullet detection,artillery, camping (all the freaking time), germans having the advantage 90% of the time, and many more little things like the kar98 reloading two bullets after having fired one shot (hard to fix....). The maps in general are waay too campy and again unbalanced. Take elevator. Basically it's the russians shooting from a huge building, with a gazzillion windows, on to the germans spawn. No fun.

I just wanted a WWII game that was FUN, not frustrating. I srsly hope it will improve in the future with community maps.

Inb4 BF3 blabla
Yet another person to absolutely have no idea what he's talking about, and to of course post not a single argument to back up his claims. Am I glad that most of your kind are quitters.

Reactions: Elton
Upvote 0

Inb4 BF3 blabla

Isn't this supposed to be a realistic feature? You fire a shot, cock the bolt ejecting the spent shell, now you press reload to work the bolt again and this time unfired round comes out so that means you have to put it back AND the a new round.

Upvote 0
Earlier this week the game spent about 20 minutes download something.. But... The Server Browser is still broken, the sound issue still persists, and the stats are still bugged.. So what all exactly was it that this white-washing of stats and wasting of 20 minutes was supposed to fix???

You can put me in the category that thinks it was plain stupid to ruin the game with a "stats" system.. This was supposed to be Red Orchestra, NOT Battlefield 2. To repeat what one poster has already pointed out, I don't have several hours of my life per-night to waste farming stats just to get the privilege of using better items or perks.

You people at tripwire really dropped the ball this time.

indeed all i wanted was fixed stats, fixed sounds and guess what both are still bugged....

Upvote 0
I so regret buying this game. I had no reason to expect TWI to release such a broken product... Well aside from one friend complaining about the beta being buggy... But it was beta. Even though it was closed to release I figured most of the fixes for whatever bugs were bothering him must have still been in internal testing.. Wish I'd known better and gotten my refund then.. Can't know.

I know hate TWI... I really do. Not because you released a buggy product. Big companies do that all the time. Not because it has stayed buggy and with the most recent patch gotten worse.. Seen that before to. I hate TWI because I expected so much more from them and was let down so far that I feel like Im looking up at the EA and Ubisoft forums from here.

Upvote 0
theres so many design failures in it
just the layin down system gets me killed a lot for example
when im not parallel to a wall or too close to it i cannot lay down , so i run forward , try to get in cover and cant get myself into there because i cannot prone there.i have to make a step back and forth and to the side and *killed*:confused:.its not even realistic because if it was i could just smack my body against a wall in any way i wanted , needing cover.

the aiming system was good as it was in ro1.
some places ur weapon was stabilized by putting it on without a special move.now when i try to peek around a corner or over a wall the gun so often starts hopping around , its unnerving and then i get killed because obviously the enemy already saw me before when i look again.even when i blindshoot my arm will just get shot off literally and i have nearly no chance hitting anybody.

people can snipe with a lot of guns better than with the actual sniper rifle
i get killed more often by anti tank guns or even a ppsh than by a sniperbullet.that wasnt the fact in ro1.

RO1 and DH were so nice because they were simple and easy to play and the action took place on the battlefield.Now in Ro2 the first enemy always is your own behavior with the environment and a big part of the time you die because you just cannot manage how to place yourself.

I think the player should be able to control the game and not the game control the player , but that is what TWI made it like ! :mad:

the spawning at SL is painful to me a lot too.
so i select spawn at sl , ill get set not behind or just beside my sl but in the room the group may just be assaulting right now.
so i spawn into a friends nade and die and he gets a teamkill - nothing but stupid.

the cannot spawn bug is one of the finest either
have to select another class = -2 suicide. lol

im playing RO since 2006 and i feel like having a right complaining about this ! its all a fact and im sure this thing will die quick.it looks nice and shiny and the sound is good but inside the mechanics and gameplay is rotten and seems like an early beta or worse.

oh and to all the "give it time to get bugfree" people : have fun waiting , some minor stuff will be done but the game itself is just a litl fracture to what RO1 gave me in fun and wont be good at all if it isnt completely redesigned.

i posted this in another thread though , but i think maybe im better seen here.

yeah twi worked hard on it .. maybe .. but maybe you guys should have taken lesser journeys around and looking how places looked and shooting guns but work on the actual game a bit :confused:

im pretty not satisfied with it and i think a lot of veterans from the early RO1 days are on my side.

Reactions: >F|R< Sarcinelli
Upvote 0
What I find most depressing are the pathetic whines that are repeated ad nauseum by the so called mature gamers in this community.

" Oh my god you sold out "

" camping and clipping with my bolt isn't working like it did in ROOST.... "

" Why have you made it so smg users can defend themselves now? "

" Omg are all these soldiers athletes? Nobody could run 50 meters with that hat on "

e.t.c

I play the game and have lots of fun, sorry you don't. Maybe it's time to move on?

Upvote 0
I don't know what happened to this game but I can't take anymore. Wanting to give this game an honest chance and despite the extremely frustrating bugs, I forced myself to play for a substantial amount of time. This game has incredible potential but I am extremely disappointed that it was released in this state. The stats issue was just embarrassing, not to mention the other huge bugs that countless people have complained about. Before I get flamed with "go back to COD" statements I should state that not only do I hate COD, but I've been a huge fan of RO1 and played it since the day it was released. At this point, the bugs/issues with this game are just too many. I hate to say it, but I regret purchasing this game. After seeing what Tripwire considers to be a game acceptable for release, I will definitely refrain from purchasing any more Tripwire titles in the future. I'll check back in a few months after a few more patches and mods are released.

Good Luck.

=VvV=Locust

Reactions: >F|R< Sarcinelli
Upvote 0
Quote: Originally Posted by MrHello
Are you serious? Performance/stutter is still a major issue for me!

Check specs in signature.

well i can safely say that your cpu is bottlenecking that system.

I had a quad core 2.6 @3.4 and upgraded to i5 [email protected] with 8gb ddr3 ram

triple the frames with the same 6870 and am the first into 64 man server with a 6 year old HD.

time for an upgrade

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I had a quad core 2.6 @3.4 and upgraded to i5 [email protected] with 8gb ddr3 ram

triple the frames with the same 6870 and am the first into 64 man server with a 6 year old HD.

time for an upgrade

We can't all afford to go out and buy high end upgrades as easy as that. And the required and recommended stats didn't lead most of us to believe we would have to. And I don't think any of us expected performance to get WORSE with any patch. But it did. And they STILL havent released a patch to address that.

They say they can't reproduce these results but they don't seem to be asking for any info from us to help reproduce them. Then again Ive been so pissed and disappointed maybe I missed a thread where they are communicating clearly and regularly with their community.

Upvote 0
the aiming system was good as it was in ro1.
some places ur weapon was stabilized by putting it on without a special move.now when i try to peek around a corner or over a wall the gun so often starts hopping around , its unnerving and then i get killed because obviously the enemy already saw me before when i look again.even when i blindshoot my arm will just get shot off literally and i have nearly no chance hitting anybody.

Weapon stabilization still exists in RO2, only it coexists with weapon collision which is a huge improvement in realism and gameplay over the BS clipping of the older game. Clipping of weapons through the environment was a bad thing. Weapon collision is a good thing.

You can't expect to be unexposed and still be able to fire.

Your weapon and some part of your body have to be exposed to fire. You can no longer just poke your weapon through the corner of the wall and have just one of your eyes peeking out like in RO1 and many of those older games.

Upvote 0
I just fired up the game just to get this achievement so I'm not left out later on despite being one of the pre-order, rough-launch etc. fellas, but I didn't get it.
Is there anything special I have to do to unlock this?

Try playing a game and not just, fire it up, because I think you have to play a game and then it shows up. I believe I read this somewhere in the forums.

Upvote 0
Cool, maybe you can fix so I can actually play the game now?
Maybe I am a bit confused, "splashscreen followed by a rogame.exe error" can't be the complete game? Consumers getting to use your product should be nr.1 priority before fixing minor bugs. Yes, everything is minor compared to not being able to RUN THE FREAKING GAME AT ALL!

Could you atleast communicate some more information regarding this issue?

Upvote 0

time for an upgrade

To anyone: Always a good idea to also state what resolution you are trying to run... :p

That said, I am running a Q6600 OC to 3.0 with a 8800GT on high and average 30-45 fps at 1920 x 1080 (no AA), smooth with no real stuttering and very happy about it.

Mr Hello should be able to at least do the same unless he is trying to run everything on Ultra with higher settings, etc and higher resolution. The processor will be a bit of a bottleneck in that case I believe.

Edit: but yes, that i5 is sweet, I put that in my son's computer that I built a few months ago :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@=GG= Mr Moe

My system specs are in my signature. I am now facing worse fps than you do on some maps (especially Station). Problem is that I start playing with 60-80 fps and after a while (30 mins to 60 mins) fps average goes down to what you stated (30-45 fps). While it's still playable, I can see the difference and it freaks me out because there is no reason why this should happen.

GPU and CPU load are by far not maxed out. Temperature of GPU is below the "normal" operating temperature stated by NVIDIA and I have played around with settings, resolution etc.

Funny thing is that there are no changes in fps when I go from everything high on 1920 x 1080 to anything lower. The 2 other games I am currently playing all run smooth and stable (Shogun 2 and Silent Hunter V). Now I am not comparing a shooter to a strategy/simulation game, but I am stating this to show that my graca is working.

It drives me nuts as I am totally out of ideas what I am doing wrong (disk defragmented, Win 7 64 bit just installed 1 month ago, no sh*t programmes running in the background). I am running the game on a so-called "virgin" computer and I am fighting with all kinds of performance issues. I am so sick of it...

Upvote 0