• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Soundtrack CD - RO2 items in the Web store

It hasn't been discussed. I'm interested in hearing why people feel AmazonMP3 & iTunes is not enough coverage. I think with such a global audience here, we (developers and musicians) have something to learn about music distribution. Lemme know your thoughts! iTunes worldwide release is Oct 4. Will some countries still not be able to purchase the music after that?

Upvote 0
MDesigner

I can't describe how much I love your music!
I listen to it pretty much every day.

So I would really like the Red orchestra 2 soundtrack in an ridiculously high quality no matter how small the difference is. because I listen to it so much. If there is any gain in it what so ever, then I would want to buy it in that quality. :)

Ps: Thank you for making such great music!
Pss: The official soundtrack of ME1/2 did sadly not include all the ingame music (people had to ripp the rest from the games), Don't hold back on any of the music in Ro2 as I want to listen to it all! :D

Reactions: Shadrach
Upvote 0
It hasn't been discussed. I'm interested in hearing why people feel AmazonMP3 & iTunes is not enough coverage. I think with such a global audience here, we (developers and musicians) have something to learn about music distribution. Lemme know your thoughts! iTunes worldwide release is Oct 4. Will some countries still not be able to purchase the music after that?

AmazonMP3 is just available in some countries, like US, UK (and Germany?). iTunes is global I guess but not everyone wants to install heaps of crap on their machine just to purchase music ;)

But put it out there somewhere and I am sure I will find a way to get it and support your art in a proper way.

Upvote 0
As far as I'm aware, you can't purchase music off Spotify.

Oh you can, but it tends to be expensive, since it's pay per track - so for instance to purchase the Mass Effect soundtrack I need 37 tracks at kr 9,44 per track which comes to about 350,- or about $60, which I think you would agree is horrendous.

7Digital sells the ME OST for

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I didn't even know about 7digital! Is that site a good way to reach folks in Europe that iTunes/Amazon won't cover?

I don't have full control over distribution, but let me see what I can do. Anyone else here can help by telling me what country you're in and what "mainstream" digital music store options are available to your country.

Upvote 0
By the way.. NOT regarding RO2 OST, but just for my own personal knowledge for future releases, which list of digital distributors below do you guys (non-US) feel has the best coverage of your region(s):

LIST 1:
iTunes
Amazon
eMusic
Rhapsody
Napster
Zune
MediaNet
Tradebit
Verizon V-Cast
Nokia
GreatIndieMusic
24-7
7digital
Myxer
MOG
Deezer

LIST 2:
iTunes
Amazon
eMusic
MediaNet
Napster
Nokia
Rhapsody
VerveLife
Zune

Upvote 0
Shadrach, what country are you in? Judging by the currency you mentioned.. Denmark is it?

Close. Norway :)

As to your list, theres a lot of stores that don't work here at all. Most use iTunes I guess, or local alternatives. CDon.com is pretty popular in Scandinavia but I don't use it personally.

Otherwise it's just these two I know of:
iTunes
7digital

I've even sent emails to Amazon asking them to open up for the rest of Europe, but I guess they still live in the world of old distribution channels.

Upvote 0
I'll have to agree with Bandcamp. It's fast, simple to use, and it's flexible. You can sell both digital downloads and physical products, automatically include digital extras (liner notes, videos, images, etc.) in downloads, and they take only 15% of what you charge. Customers can also download their choice of 320Khz MP3s or FLAC files.

I've had no issues selling to customers overseas, either. I frequently ship to England, France, etc.

I've used it for my own music for a year and a half, and it's been excellent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadrach and K@n@y
Upvote 0