• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Patch #1 for RO2

I am glad you guys posted a patch so quick, shows you guys are handling it, and trying your best to be speedy, therefore satisfying your gamer base.

But, I must regret to inform you that the patch actually made my performance worse:

IN game with Single 6850 I get 28-42 fps, playable but I was getting 56-75 gps before the patch.

IN game with CROSSFIRE (dual 6850's [ One XFX Black Edition, the other Asus DirectCU Edition] ) I now get 18-29 FPS, where i was getting 25-45 FPS.

Full System Specs:
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T @ 3.4Ghz
4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz CL 9 DDR3
Gigabyte 790XTA-UD4 Bios F4
XFX 6850 Black Edition (Primary)
Asus DirectCU 6850 (Secondary)
Windows 7 Professional x64

I know every computer setup is unique, but I am having very little performance issues. I am running on med-high at 1680x1050 and average right about 50-60 FPS (except when there is smoke it will drop to about 30ish temporarily).

Full System Spec for me:
AMD Phenom x4 BE 965 3.4ghz (OC'd to 3.9)
4gb Corsair Dominator DDR3 2000mhz
Sapphire Radeon HD5870
Win 7 Pro x64

I know it may sound redundant, but I'd check that you have no other processes running (i.e Avast, AVG, etc), or least set anti-virus programs to 'Game Mode'.

Upvote 0
My patch is 3.2gb.

Apparently steam is going nuts and randomly making me redownload massive chunks of RO2.
Steam downloaded multiple patches during the beta that were well over half the game's original size (the beta was ~4.4GB) but the total size never increased. I really hope this isn't a regular problem because poor patch delivery can ruin a game -- a recent game that comes to mind is Company of Heroes.

Upvote 0
Was sitting on the fence about whether or not to buy this game - especially since a couple of the reviews I read mentioned that there were some quality (bug) issues. However, the fact that the DEV team has released a patch already - and seem to be genuinely engaged in working out any issues or kinks - says to me (hopefully not mistakenly) that this is a game worth buying - and that any major issues will likely be resolved.

Anyways - time will tell... I'm generally pretty skeptical, but I'm seeing reason for optimism here.

Upvote 0
Was sitting on the fence about whether or not to buy this game - especially since a couple of the reviews I read mentioned that there were some quality (bug) issues. However, the fact that the DEV team has released a patch already - and seem to be genuinely engaged in working out any issues or kinks - says to me (hopefully not mistakenly) that this is a game worth buying - and that any major issues will likely be resolved.
There's been about 4 updates. And it's updating through Steam again right now.

What's in this update?

Upvote 0