• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Italian preview

128792148805033006.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I tried to do a small summary of the most important slices of this Italian preview:

Red Orchestra 2 can be defined with the adjective "vivid" followed by "brutal". The Tripwire's game offers this effect though it sometimes has some improvable technical sections. If you see the change from Ostfront 41-45 to Heroes of Stalingrad, you can notice a strong improvement. In fact the first uses the Unreal Engine 2.5, while this one is based on a 3.0 version.

The feeling we had when we played was intense though pros and cons in the graphics. The action is nicer and stronger, it's now free from the first game's stringy step. The aficionado of Ostfront 41-45 don't have to worry, because Tripwire didn't betrayed them to make a Call of Duty game type, they just took the original game's concept and they transferred it in a new generation. So we had a quality improvement.

And the sounds too. When the developers tested the real weapon models, they also sampled the effects, with the result that every time that you press the left mouse button the ear is stimulated by full, resounding and exciting sounds, sometimes dreadful too. In the audio section the dialogues deserve a notice, they are used more: the Heroes of Stalingrad battlefields are places where you communicate and shout a lot more, this is a benefit for the involvement.

I hope you understand my english! :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Banquo and Pechente
Upvote 0