• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

And more previews...

Here's another write-up from journalists in preview mode on the Multi-player beta, this time from Mash Those Buttons.

Nice review. It's great to hear someone talk about the game who's had previous experience with RO, and isn't so wound up and conditioned to the standard FPS's out there that focus more on run and gun tactics.

The talk about the sound just impresses me more, as I always relied heavily on my ears in FPS's. The best sound setup I ever came across so far was from Half-Life 1 / Team Fortress Classic / Day of Defeat. While most never bothered listening much in game, my spidy senses were always perked to listten for every shot, every voice, every single footstep. I could always tell where someone was, where they're going and when they were about to round a corner. And when I heard someone nearby, I went silent & moved slowly. So many people claimed I was wall hacking or cheating. I just told them that if they listened and stopped blabbing on their mic, they'd see how I did it.

To this day I have not yet found a game that matched such sound accuracy, including in RO, but I have high hopes now. I could tell the direction of a sound in past RO's, but the distance and accuracy just never seemed right to me.

I imagine the music will be great, but I doubt I'll have it on during playing. I prefer all my senses to be at their fullest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
AWRR!

The muzzle flash of the 98k...just awesome.

98k_muzzleflash.jpg

Upvote 0
Is there a reason why it wouldn't be client-side?
Or is that a really stupid question?

Be nice Actin, he is asking because he doesn't know. I'd like to know also.

If these questions from folks that are not as savvy bother you, I'd recommend you take a look at why we have forums, so people can ask questions and get responsible answers. If you have the knowledge you obviously think you have, why not try to give a rational polite answer instead of acting like a know it all asswhistle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike_Nomad
Upvote 0
Be nice Actin, he is asking because he doesn't know. I'd like to know also.

If these questions from folks that are not as savvy bother you, I'd recommend you take a look at why we have forums, so people can ask questions and get responsible answers. If you have the knowledge you obviously think you have, why not try to give a rational polite answer instead of acting like a know it all asswhistle.

Whoa there chief, simmer down a second.....

In his defence, I think he was being nice, as the way he worded himself, he wasn't very sure either and was asking if his own question about there being a reason it wouldn't be client-side was a stupid one, not the question he was responding to as being stupid.

"Is there a reason why it wouldn't be client-side?"

"Or is that a really stupid question?"

He didn't state it was a stupid question, he was asking if his first responding question was a stupid one. :cool:

Reactions: The Algerian
Upvote 0