• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Release Date delayed 2 weeks to 13 Sep 2011

I think it will be wise to assume the beta will indeed be delayed as well, probably get it on the original release day. I'd like to think otherwise but it doesn't seem likely.

Same here.
If they give us beta access in the next days we all were happy...but i don't think so.
We know you are reading this,why u no answer our questions "when will the beta start?" accept for that you make jokes about the word "polish"...that helps nobody.
Everything would be fine if the beta starts in the next days.

Upvote 0
Read my Post again i correct it! Come on we wait many Years, we Pre Ordered it no u say 2 Weeks later, thats horrible..... do it after Release with a Patch!

When now Starts the Beta God damnit, please let us dont Die in dumbness!
Pretty sure this guy is just a troll, but I'll indulge him.

Releasing an unfinished product and patching it later would be a big mistake. They are trying to capture a larger audience with this game and first impressions are important.

If people get their hands on the game and realize it's full of bugs, then they won't just wait for however much time it takes for TWI to fix it, they will start raging and ranting on the forums.

On top of that review sites and word of mouth will give the impression that RO2 is not well polished and that it had a crappy release. This will turn off many potential buyers who were hesitant to pre-order and were waiting for post launch reviews and opinions.

And finally, the delay is not half a year or a couple of months, it's just 2 weeks. If you compare that time to the amount that has already been spent on development, it's really not that big of a deal.

I'm sure the devs had every intention of getting the game ready on time. Stuff happens, problems arise, there are often unforeseen issues. That's how game development works.

Tripwire is not a big dev company, they can't just borrow an endless amount of people from other projects to help with a project that's fallen behind. Give them some ****ing slack.

Reactions: =GG= Mr Moe
Upvote 0
I think it will be wise to assume the beta will indeed be delayed as well, probably get it on the original release day. I'd like to think otherwise but it doesn't seem likely.

While I believe that most likely you are correct, I think that such a delay in the Beta would be in extremely poor taste.

A Beta's purpose is to test the game and finish polishing said game for the release date. Why would you push back a Beta because the game isn't quite as done as you would hope? The very fact that it's incomplete is what makes beta, beta.

While I do see the fear of creating bad hype for the game due to a buggy beta, considering that closed/Clan beta has been occurring for a long period of time now, I would have to guess that the really bad bugs have been fixed.

The threat of bad attention is there, but I think most people in this world are intelligent enough to understand what Beta means, and will tolerate several bugs because of it.

Upvote 0
The threat of bad attention is there, but I think most people in this world are intelligent enough to understand what Beta means, and will tolerate several bugs because of it.
You overestimate the intelligence of the average gamer. Many are so used to the "free trials" that other big game dev companies offer that they have no idea of what a real beta looks like.

Reactions: Tom Hanks
Upvote 0
images

At least TWI will have some time to fix bugs after the large beta test.
They know what they are doing.:cool:

Upvote 0
To answer a few questions/comments (and so it doesn't get lost in the forums): FAQ PAGE

Thanks for the explanation Alan. We don't want the game will be criticised as buggy when released thus receiving lower score and bad reps (eg:Brink) so I think it's for the better. As they say, people will not remember the game for its delay/lateness (unless you are DNF) but for the quality of the product.

Upvote 0
FAQ said:
"We haven’t released dates of the next phases of the Beta testing, but they aren’t far away. We already have the first of the press in the Beta, with a “preview” phase for the press scheduled to run over the next couple of weeks or so. After that, we’ll be ready for the final phase of the beta, with the pre-purchasers getting their hands on the game."

From the FAQ, they don't outright say it, but from the looks of it we've got atleast 2 more weeks to wait for the beta after the press has had their go. So you can stop begging for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Made an account just to say this.

Made an account just to say this.

I want to say thank you for delaying the game. Many people on this forum don't understand that releasing an unfinished game, is a terrible idea. It's not as simple as just release a patch a few weeks after. When an unfinished game is released, it tarnishes the game's reputation, and it will also leave a poor impression on the game's already standing community, let alone the people who were thinking about buying it.

Reactions: 11_HARLEY_11
Upvote 0