• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pre-purchase RO2 on Steam!

Ugh.. got a problem. I'd like to get the Deluxe Edition now. But since it is cut in germany... :/
If someone gifts it to me who also has RO1, does the 20% still work then?

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned they got info from Steam the original version won't be cut, but may get cut post release. He mentioned if you get the uncut version, it should stay uncut.

Upvote 0
OKAY, so I don't want to be an asshole, and I will pre-order the game from Steam anyway but...

... Didn't you guys (at Tripwire) say that the american price would be $40, and that the price in european countries would be ADJUSTED according to those areas? Now let me tell you, 35EUR is *NOT* the same as $40!! It doesn't take many seconds to find that out with a currency-calculator.

We europeans pay almost TEN euros more for THE SAME GAME than what the Americans do. Is that really fair? I mean, since you promised the prices would be adjusted, right here?

Again, I will pre-order the game anyway, and the price for the game isn't bad at all... but I just want to hear an answer, what the justification for the price-(IN)difference is.
I just think it's ridiculously unfair for europeans to pay more for the game than americans. Trust me, europeans don't sit all day with their monocles and top-hats on drinking tea while our slaves do our work for us. We're not THAT rich, and the average european doesn't make any more than the average american.

Edit: Now if the price for the game turns out to be more than $40 (maybe because that was the pre-tax price or something), or Americans don't pay tax for games, then that is more understandable. I don't mean to sound like ungrateful or an asshole or something, I just feel it's unfair if we have to pay a lot more, especially considering how it was officially stated that the price would be adjusted.

Americans don't pay extra tax for games.... You really can't blame TWI because your country or European Union wants to charge you extra to collect even more taxes.

Reactions: Mahnsikir
Upvote 0
One question though. A friend asked me what the badges do, and I couldn't say. Are they just a bragging rights type of deal, or do they have gameplay significance?

Badges on your uniform - no gameplay significance.

Will the game be uncut in germany, when i order the per-order the game? And if it will be cut, what would be cut?
If i pre-order RO2 now, will it be like a early german KF version (i hope you know what i mean ;) ) ???

If i preorder from germany will i get a cut version of the game?

We are waiting on the rating from USK, but are expecting them to insist on cuts (probably removing dismemberment). Steam page being updated to reflect that risk for Germans.

If i buy over Steam to get the DDE, and later let Valve swap out the Game with a Game code from the UK Version (living in Germany and prefering my Games uncut, yes i'd buy 2 Games).
Do i loose the "benefits" of the DDE ? Or would i keep em. Yes i know its a kinda complicated Topic :D.

I think you'd lose them - they'd stay with the original game - but I'm not 100% sure!

If i own the original Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45.
Can i buy 2-3 copies of RO2 with 20% off for all copies or its only counts for 1 copy of the game? :cool:

No idea, come to think of it - do me a favor and try it, see what happens? Obviously just check your basket and stop short of spending extra cash!

Sweet. I'm not really fond of games that have pre-order benefits other than discounts but I see why you guys did all that, especially for Hat Fortress 2.

A question though, when does the last beta phase start? :confused:

The deluxe stuff I don't care for but the stuff you do get for owning RO1 shouldn't be a pre-order incentive.

It isn't a pre-order incentive - it is a permanent feature for RO1 owners.

UK retail always have the uncut version alone , right ?!?

I believe the UK version has been rated, along with the rest of (non-German) Europe without any cuts.

... Didn't you guys (at Tripwire) say that the american price would be $40, and that the price in european countries would be ADJUSTED according to those areas? Now let me tell you, 35EUR is *NOT* the same as $40!! It doesn't take many seconds to find that out with a currency-calculator.

We europeans pay almost TEN euros more for THE SAME GAME than what the Americans do. Is that really fair? I mean, since you promised the prices would be adjusted, right here?

Edit: Now if the price for the game turns out to be more than $40 (maybe because that was the pre-tax price or something), or Americans don't pay tax for games, then that is more understandable. I don't mean to sound like ungrateful or an asshole or something, I just feel it's unfair if we have to pay a lot more, especially considering how it was officially stated that the price would be adjusted.

The price for Europe INCLUDES VAT, so take that back off before doing the exchange rate calc. If you'd read my original thread carefully, you'd see that point :p In the US the nearest equivalent is "Sales Tax", which is added ON TOP of the price - and is variable by State and even by parts of Counties.

In the UK we're paying approximately the same price as the U.S. however other areas of Europe are paying 22% more.
If we've been a little too generous in our calcs for the UK, we can always nudge the price back up a bit for you :) ?

Is funny that you say that because I live in the Canary Islands, We don't have VAT here, and yet, Steam is charging us with Euro/Spain taxes as if we were in Spain.

I didn't know that - will check on it with Valve. They're probably not aware of that little wrinkle either...

Upvote 0
Americans don't pay extra tax for games.... You really can't blame TWI because your country or European Union wants to charge you extra to collect even more taxes.

The problem, atleast from what I read, is that Europeans are being asked to pay 35 Euros while NA pay $40. The problem is that 35 Euro != 40 American. TWI promised that the Euro price would be adjusted to be the same as the NA price (before taxs). If it isn't then the Europeans end up paying more then Americans because 35 Euro is worth more then 40 American.

Edit: Nvm I got confused with how it was all set up... my bad

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would buy if the beta was this week. I just want to get my hands dirty. I dont know if 10 bucks extra is worth an early week of gameplay. I could care less about all those unlocks. Preordering anyway, since I checked these forums prob 20 times in the last 24 hours

Up to you! I'm leaving for college again on the 1st of September, so the extra gameplay before classes is MUCH appreciated!!! :D

Upvote 0
From the "About" page:

And coming after release:
Co-op: Players can connect with their friends and battle AI in multiple game types including the Stalingrad Campaign, Skirmish Mode, and more.
Offline Challenges: Offline challenges such as the shooting range and assault courses let the player learn and hone their skills to perfection with all of the weapons and features in the game. Training with different challenges to achieve awards, win competitions and improve their skills the player can pit their best times/scores against the rest of the online gaming community.
New vehicles: We will roll out new vehicles for the game, including new tanks as well as armored transports.

The only thing here that bums me out is that there won't be some kind of shooting range upon release. I bought a whole bunch of copies for friends that have never played RO before, and having a shooting range/training map would've likely been the only way they'd have gotten to fire off some shots before getting brutally pwned online. =]

Upvote 0
The problem, atleast from what I read, is that Europeans are being asked to pay 35 Euros while NA pay $40. The problem is that 35 Euro != 40 American. TWI promised that the Euro price would be adjusted to be the same as the NA price (before taxs). If it isn't then the Europeans end up paying more then Americans because 35 Euro is worth more then 40 American.

That's still not as bad as Australians. The games there are like $100 USD :eek:

Upvote 0
The badges you always get if you own RO1, doesn't matter if you pre-order, and owning RO1 is the only way to get them, they are not unlocks.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll look forward to having those badges whenever I get my boxed copy.

As others have said, it will be great to hear some details on a NA collector's version soon. Hopefully the collector's boxed version will also unlock the KF skins?

Upvote 0
No idea, come to think of it - do me a favor and try it, see what happens? Obviously just check your basket and stop short of spending extra cash!

I can confirm that if you own RO1, you can gift an unlimited number of copies to friends, and each gift copy will have the %20-off discount applied.

I just bought 6 gift copies at $32 USD apiece.

(In my case, most of these copies were for coworkers that likely wouldn't have bought the game at full price... so hopefully you don't feel too taken-advantage-of, TWI. ;])

(Edit: Woah, unintended quad-posted somehow. Sorry!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The only thing here that bums me out is that there won't be some kind of shooting range upon release. I bought a whole bunch of copies for friends that have never played RO before, and having a shooting range/training map would've likely been the only way they'd have gotten to fire off some shots before getting brutally pwned online. =]
They still have the whole SP campaign (2 of them, in fact), which includes training maps...

Reactions: RiccardoTheBeAst
Upvote 0
We are waiting on the rating from USK, but are expecting them to insist on cuts (probably removing dismemberment). Steam page being updated to reflect that risk for Germans.

Do I understand it right that it is uncut at the moment? And steam just says "Low Violence bla bla" as a warning? Hm... but it could get cut till release, right? Or does it just can get cut after release?
I'm confused :confused:

Upvote 0
Mh i would really like to get the Deluxe Edition of RO2 but im also from Germany and it would be bad if i only get an uncut version :(

Could maybe a member of this forum gift the version to me? I could pay the person with paypal in before without the extra 10% (because i think this wont work with a gift). Would be really great. I was looking forward to this game for so long now.

Upvote 0