• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Box Art - and System Specs

Here are a couple of things that people have been waiting for... firstly some box art, for the Western and Russian versions - up on the front page: http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/

And now the system specs that people have been asking for:

Minimum:
Processor: Dual Core 2.3 GHz or better
RAM: 2 GB
Graphics card: 256 MB SM 3.0 DX9 Compliant NVIDIA

Ramm just mentioned this is another thread, 30 mins ago..

That was quick!?!?

Q: All of your marketing seems to be aimed at attracting new players from outside the community instead of marketing the game to the RO faithful.

A: Let me just head something off at the pass right now. We're getting ready to release the box art for the game. And there is bound to be a 20 page thread of "OMG MkB42 Swat German" that rants and raves. Now instead of doing that, why don't you guys just hold off. Yes we're trying to expand the playerbase of the game, and yes a lot of our marketing art will be aimed at attracting a new audience. Why is that? Because we don't need to convince the RO faithful to check out RO. You guys already like RO1, and have at least some interest in RO2. Joe gamer does not, and we want to get "joe gamer" to have a look at the game. It is all about peaking their interest, and if we try and market the game like RO1, we'll attract only the same people. And we DO want to attract the same people, but we also want to bring in a lot more gamers.

and it looks awesome IMO. I may just by a boxed version so I can have the nice looking box :O

although... if those system requirements are officialy
I'm 0.3 ghz too low for mimimum processor requirements..

meh

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well seeing as from the letter from Ramm himself, it seems they are trying to attract a new set of players to come play, cause us RO vets already know the game is going to be great.

Me, I think it is hot as hell. I really don't care if he has a scoped MKB with a boynet, or if the Russian sniper behind him is wearing a hoodie, it is hothothothothothothothothothothothothothot

I want this as my wallpaper honestly :3

Upvote 0
Hmm I actually really like it, though I'm not a big fan of the black "ink" splash behind the uber 1337 German Hero dude with his pimped out Mkb42.

Other than that artistic element, I really like the design and the two-soldier design. The Russian sniper with his hood is pure awesome, with the hammer and scythe :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0