• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Box Art - and System Specs

Love the box art, the Russian sniper brings an enemy at the gates feel to it and the German soldat creates a wunderwaffe effect which is just badass. :D

The only thing I don't care for is having the sickle and hammer on both versions of the box art. I mean why couldn't the swastika or hakenkreuz be on it for the other version? :confused: If you say that, "well thats because it is banned", then I and others could argue sure, just in one country, Germany. The sickle and hammer is banned in seven european countries and it seems that [TWI] does not care about their laws, just Germany's which failed to be implemented in the E.U. as a whole in 2007.

At any rate I dont see why [TWI] is glorifying one political side by showing their political symbol on both box arts, which as I said is banned in seven E.U. countries, regardless which soldier is shown up front or not. If not the swastika then why not just have an Iron cross then? If you were to only have one symbol for this box art I would suggest that statue of Stalin would be more appropriate because it commemorates where both sides fought and died, Stalingrad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The box art is pretty even though it doesn't really fit with what the game is all about. The perfect box art would be a black background with the RO logo on it, bare minimum because that's what the gameplay is about, no fancy things, just you, your gun and an enemy shooting at you from cover.

But it will appeal new gamers and since TWI doesn't work on fairy dust new gamers are needed to keep the company going.

Upvote 0
My PC Specs:
Intel Q6600 @ 3.7 GHz
4 GB RAM
Zotac GTX 580

Yep, I'm beyond the recommendation haha :D However, BF3 may hate my old processor :(

It should definitately catch someones eye with its white background with the soldiers standing out in the way that they are.
I think that's what they are shooting for.

Walking down the aisle of games and you see two badass soldiers on the front cover. Yep I'm picking up this game and reading the back cover.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow, I can't believe just saying I dissaprove of the hammer and sickle for the box art, on my post, is enough to have my reputation go up to full red. The forum users/admins who did this, are really immature.

another forum member, VariousNames, also had this "bug" happen to him a few days ago.....as to whether or not it's really a "bug" i don't know for certain (it actually might really be because a person with outlandishly high "rep" points i.e. a Dev, might have had that much of an impact)....but regardless i'd agree with you in that yes, it's a very immature way to "disagree" with people. imo, what you posted was valid feedback.

anyway, about the boxart:
i personally think it's attractive.....especially for the new crowd TW is trying to pull in. it is definitely a step up in quality compared to the original and shows how far TW has come over the years. although i do find it amusing that there's a special Russian version and that it shows off Russian character at the front...me thinks a good marketing strategy to pull in a ton of Ruskie players :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If im not mistaken your using a single core, the game recommends at least a dual core. I can't say that it will not run, but If it does expect a low performance.

You are mistaken. Pentium D are dual core processors.

Uh-oh.

Looks like my Quad Core i7-720 @ 1.6 GHz is way below the minimum spec.

Mobile GTX280M with 1GB is fine, as is 4GB of RAM.

But am I screwed on CPU?

If the laptop i7 performance scale anywhere close to the desktop one you should be fine.

Upvote 0