Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

Box Art - and System Specs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pvt.Skoko View Post
    If I buy this: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16883227361

: from that website, is there any chance I get sent faulty products or have a problem with returns?
    Is it a good computer for the money?
    Will it MAX out RO2?
    (I know it needs sound card)

Id really suggest you get a sandybridge i5/i7, they will perform even better. That hexa core does not see any advantage in games. An i5 system should not cost much more but the performance increase will be noticeable.

feel free to PM me if you need help choosing a system.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jalex3 View Post
      Id really suggest you get a sandybridge i5/i7, they will perform even better. That hexa core does not see any advantage in games. An i5 system should not cost much more but the performance increase will be noticeable.

feel free to PM me if you need help choosing a system.
      Not yet,but down the line in another couple of years games will start to take advantage of CPU's with 6 cores,guess what then the hexa core will surpass the the I5/I7 quad and have better results in the new upcoming games that will use all 6 cores from the AMD.

But as far as for right now, AMD hexa will be behind,take the same setup he posted from the link,add the I5 or I7 quad and you will see only 10% better performance from the Intel CPU because its lil stronger and can push the game and the GPU lil further...

If you dont care how better can your PC get in future games with hexa cores then go for the Intel CPU and enjoy the 10% (max) boost,but when games start utilizing hexa cores your intel quad will be behind vs the AMD hexa in performance.

*Make a wise choice because both systems will run the game smooth and with great FPS,but down the road 2-3 years from now Intel quad will show its age while the AMD hexa will stretch the other 2 legs that were not uzed by todays games,so iven if you have to upgrade will be only adding another 6970 or alltogether new GPU,but if you want to upgrade the intel setup,you have to get the GPU,new mobo,new CPU,most likely new RAM........
      Last edited by SolitarioSoldat; 07-23-2011, 01:03 PM.
      ASrock Z77;Intel I5-3570K @4.4ghz;Crossfire AMD Radeon R9-290X x2;Corsair Vengeance 16gb @ 2133mhz;Primary HD Crucial 256GB; Secondary WD 500gb;HT|Omega Claro+;Corsair H100 push/pull;
      Corsair 1000W

Comment

• If you get an AMD CPU, better get an AMD video card too so you can utilize AMD exclusive APU stuff and get an AM3+ mobo so you can easily upgrade to Bulldozer if you want

Comment

• Originally posted by u-s-e-r View Post
          If you get an AMD CPU, better get an AMD video card too so you can utilize AMD exclusive APU stuff and get an AM3+ mobo so you can easily upgrade to Bulldozer if you want
          That would be an option too,but dont make sence of getting the AM3+ motherboard with Hexa AM3 CPU in it,its wasting money,if he go for the bulldozer it would be wiser to waith for the bulldozer 8(octa) core to come out sometime in august.

AMD x8 Bulldozer + ATI 6970 + RO2 = great match,future proofing with the CPU & not breaking the bank savings.
          Last edited by SolitarioSoldat; 07-23-2011, 01:13 PM.
          ASrock Z77;Intel I5-3570K @4.4ghz;Crossfire AMD Radeon R9-290X x2;Corsair Vengeance 16gb @ 2133mhz;Primary HD Crucial 256GB; Secondary WD 500gb;HT|Omega Claro+;Corsair H100 push/pull;
          Corsair 1000W

Comment

• Originally posted by SolitarioSoldat View Post
            That would be an option too,but dont make sence of getting the AM3+ motherboard with Hexa AM3 CPU in it,its wasting money,if he go for the bulldozer it would be wiser to waith for the bulldozer 8(octa) core to come out sometime in august.

AMD x8 Bulldozer + ATI 6970 + RO2 = great match,future proofing with the CPU & not breaking the bank savings.
            At least he would have the upgradability.

Comment

• I knew I would need 4 cores for high. Now I'm just hoping I will be able to play on medium. But if this runs badly then I will upgrade my PC. Will be good for BF3 and MW3 also ; )

Comment

• Originally posted by Centimeter View Post
                Hammer and Sickle is a symbol of USSR, game name is Red Orchestra : Heroes of Stalingrad, Stalingrad is a city in Soviet Union that was invaded by Nazis, but was not taken. Even having Stalin picture in this art would be logical, though it would cost a lot of nerve cells for revanchists, but swastika or german cross? What is the point of this 'balance'?
                Because its the symbol of the Germans. Since the game is about both sides story.
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                King Tiger the best tank of WW2.
                If the only thing you get negative rep for is simply opposing communsim, then I wear it as a badge of honour.

Comment

• Originally posted by SolitarioSoldat View Post
                  Not yet,but down the line in another couple of years games will start to take advantage of CPU's with 6 cores,guess what then the hexa core will surpass the the I5/I7 quad and have better results in the new upcoming games that will use all 6 cores from the AMD.

But as far as for right now, AMD hexa will be behind,take the same setup he posted from the link,add the I5 or I7 quad and you will see only 10% better performance from the Intel CPU because its lil stronger and can push the game and the GPU lil further...

If you dont care how better can your PC get in future games with hexa cores then go for the Intel CPU and enjoy the 10% (max) boost,but when games start utilizing hexa cores your intel quad will be behind vs the AMD hexa in performance.

*Make a wise choice because both systems will run the game smooth and with great FPS,but down the road 2-3 years from now Intel quad will show its age while the AMD hexa will stretch the other 2 legs that were not uzed by todays games,so iven if you have to upgrade will be only adding another 6970 or alltogether new GPU,but if you want to upgrade the intel setup,you have to get the GPU,new mobo,new CPU,most likely new RAM........
                  Before I being, here are some quick specs that i have...

9800 Gt

2.2Ghz AMD Phenom

6 GB RAM

Should I opt for buying a new Graphics card? or a new CPU? (I can't buy both right now, I'm only a teen lol, and need to save up for College)...

Do CPU's do that much in gaming? as compared to Graphics Cards? I was looking at this:

Graphics Cards:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130664

(That's about the only one I could find right now, that looked good for games of Todays Standards, I know my 9800 GT is old...Anyone Recommend any other Graphics Cards that are under $250)?

P.S...I'm an nvidia type guy...so any Nvidia cards you can find that are good I'd recommend you send me their links over ATI. (don't mean to be rude).

OR

Should I go with a new CPU?

I was looking at these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103913

or:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131708

Plus (this ^ and the one below combined)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115211

(Probably stick with the AMD processor, if someone tells me to get a new Processor instead of a Graphics Card...I have a mobo for AMD...so I'd save about 100-200 bucks if I bought the AMD one)...

Comment

• Specs for a mac?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon View Post
                      Specs for a mac?
                      There is no spoon. *thinks of matrix* It will not be coming to mac, at least at launch that is.
                      sigpic

Comment

• As I've seen this come up a few times. RO 2 is mostly a GPU bound game. So if your are going to focus your efforts in upgrading a part, make it the GPU (and a 64 bit OS)
                        Pretty, what do we blow up first? - Myn Donos

Comment

• Originally posted by TodaysKiller View Post
                          Before I being, here are some quick specs that i have...

9800 Gt

2.2Ghz AMD Phenom

6 GB RAM

Should I opt for buying a new Graphics card? or a new CPU? (I can't buy both right now, I'm only a teen lol, and need to save up for College)...

Do CPU's do that much in gaming? as compared to Graphics Cards? I was looking at this:

Graphics Cards:

<a href="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130664" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130664" target="_blank">http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130664

(That's about the only one I could find right now, that looked good for games of Todays Standards, I know my 9800 GT is old...Anyone Recommend any other Graphics Cards that are under $250)?

P.S...I'm an nvidia type guy...so any Nvidia cards you can find that are good I'd recommend you send me their links over ATI. (don't mean to be rude).

OR

Should I go with a new CPU?

I was looking at these:

<a href="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103913" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103913" target="_blank">http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103913

or:

<a href="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131708" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131708" target="_blank">http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131708

Plus (this ^ and the one below combined)

<a href="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115211" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115211" target="_blank">http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115211

(Probably stick with the AMD processor, if someone tells me to get a new Processor instead of a Graphics Card...I have a mobo for AMD...so I'd save about 100-200 bucks if I bought the AMD one)...
                          you should listen to Yoshiro since he knows best what the game will ask for most out of ut hardware.

since ur on a budget,can you tell me if you'r motherboard can support the quad series CPU's from AMD? if it can which ones will it support,phenom's or the lower models from it? How much RAM memory you have currently?

If your mobo is good to go with the CPU upgrade,I would go for this setup without spending tons of money and have both the CPU and GPU upgraded.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103808

As for the GPU,there is one link of ATI 6870 and Nvidia 460 GTX,these 2 are below $200 price tag but they also offer less than the GTX560 especially the gtx460,while the ATI6870 is close in performance to the gtx560.

<a href="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102948" target="_blank">http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102948

<a href="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130566" target="_blank">http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130566
                          Last edited by SolitarioSoldat; 07-24-2011, 12:53 PM.
                          Corsair 1000W

Comment

• Thanks for the discussion on my question guys, it should help in choosing a great system to run this game.
                            [IMG]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19317&dateline=1301342008[/IMG]
                            [url]www.369ir.com/forum[/url]

Comment

• Originally posted by Winters2011 View Post
                              will my computer be able to run it??
                              Win 7 32bit
                              4gb RAM
                              GTX460 1024mb
                              Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz
                              Just felt like putting my 2cents on what I think of the minimum requirements.

To answer Winters, I am pretty sure you will be fine, even on CPU with the exceptions of some lag spikes on large maps or serious physics going on.
                              GPU in is more important than cpu in videogames so most of the stress if off the cpu. I still recommend overclocking a bit... (bios, move fsb up by a few mghz) It's a really cool chip, just make sure your fan and heatsync is not clogged

I would like to add details to CPU requirements. It would be nice to see more details because giving a clock speed should not and does not cut it anymore.

To Clarify.

A user with for example a PentiumD 2.8Ghz (Smithfield / Presler) its 500Mhz above the minimum requirements yet will not have better performance then the user with the Core2Duo 1.86 6320

This is because the Core2 has a superior architecture and pushes many more instructions per clock cycle. This is due to CPU instructions, Amount of Cash memory, speed of the bus...

So for the fun of it, I will make a more detailed list of CPU and Video minimum recommendations based on my knowledge as a tech, experience as a gamer and the general specs provided.

Intel CPU Minimum in performance order.
                              Core2Duo 1.86Ghz (E6300, 6320)
                              Pentium D 2.8Ghz
                              Pentium D 3.0Ghz to 3.4Ghz
                              Intel Pentium E2200 E2210 – 2.20 GHz (1 MB L2, 800 - 1033MHz FSB)
                              Core2Duo 2.13Ghz (E6400. 6420)
                              Intel Pentium E5200 – 2.50 GHz (2 MB L2, 800 MHz FSB)
                              Core2Duo 2.33GHz (E6550)
                              Core2Duo 2.40Ghz (E6600)
                              Core2Duo 2.67Ghz (E6700) and up are recommended.

Q6XXX Quad Core processors are great as the game appears to be well threaded. Props to TWI.

E8XXX Dual core cpu's are perfect due to the high amount of L2 Cash. Dual core performance crown of it's time.

AMD Processors.

Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2Ghz. Playable but slow.
                              Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2.4Ghz Playable but slow.
                              Phenom X3 8450 2.3Ghz
                              Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6Ghz Good
                              Athlon X2 7450 2.4Ghz Should be good
                              Phenom X4 9350e 2.0Ghz should be fine due to extra cores.
                              Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.7Ghz Good
                              Phenom X4 9650 2.3Ghz
                              Athlon X2 7750 Good

X2 5600, 6000, 6400 don't need detailing. All good
                              All Athlon II's are good.
                              All Phenom II's are good

GPU Nvidia

8600GT Should work,low settings, low fps
                              9600GT Same
                              7800GTX - Minimm
                              8800GTS should be fine (320M version on lower details to save memory)
                              8800GT will be good.

ATI
                              3650 Should work slowly
                              2900GT
                              3850-3870 should be good.
                              4650-4670 will work just fine. (I Mafia2 runs perfectly on a 4650)

Ram Memory
                              2Gigs XP
                              3Gigs+ Windows Vista/7 (PF Usage of

Taking into account that XP is running below 600MB of usage and Windows 7 below 1gig of usage.
                              Last edited by PermenentMarker; 07-25-2011, 10:04 AM.
                              In game ID: CoolIT

Comment

• TodaysKiller, I think if you have a quad, it should run alright on low to medium. So no rush.

Intel is more expensive but will give you the best performance.
                                I recommend an I5 with a decent motherboard.
                                http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115073
                                209$ Highest performing cpu for the $ an AMD Killer.
                                But you need
                                http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813121506

And then you need DDR3 Ram 1600 recommended.

The 9800GT if a good enough card and will work quite well. You can wait an extra 6 month before dropping a new GPU

Install CPUZ (google it) and post your motherboard.
                                If it's an AM2+ there are chances you can just drop in a Phenom X4 955

This would be a big money saver so you can concentrate on your 560Ti
                                http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103808
                                120$ One of the best bang for your buck.

If the motherboard doesn't cut it, this will save you new ram costs.
                                http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157226

The money saved on these 2 make a full system upgrade with videocard.

All depends on budget.

Also AMD will release a new chip soon so it's worth the wait because if it performs well, Intel will lower Sandy Bridge (1155 socket) CPU prices.
                                Last edited by PermenentMarker; 07-25-2011, 10:06 AM.
                                In game ID: CoolIT

Comment

Working...
                                X