• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Box Art - and System Specs

Today's Killer,

Your Gateway's mobo has a 780G chipset, it SHOULD be able to run the Phenom955 but it has a risk factor because it's a Foxconn motherboard with some crappy Gateway bios.

Google didn't give me too much results on the Gateway DX4300 (I assume is what you have)

The GTX560Ti is about 15 to 20% faster then the GTX560

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the 560 has less shader cores and lower clock speed.
(Shader cores are disabled because they didn't pass the testing phase and repackaged as a lesser product)
The same practice is what makes AMD have Tri-Cores and Dual core Phenoms.

There are some variations of the GTX560 that are factory overclocked, and they perform close to 560Ti but the Ti is simply the better card.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok so fastest amd quad I can afford , new mobo ramm
I think the new ram is ddr3 so about 6 or 8 GB of that
& I guess AMD has bought ATI? for gpu
I have always had Nvidia is there a reason I should switch now?
Im trying to stay at about $1000.00 canadian
Im not sure what to expect to pay for the proper sound card

If you want to wait for Bulldozer, its coming pretty soon, but if you dont want to wait but still want upgradability to Bulldozer get an AM3+ mobo.

8GB of memory should be nice, if you get a 2x4GB set you have the upgradability to 10GB, 12GB or even 16GB in the future.

Yeah, AMD bought ATI back in 2006 and you want to get an AMD video card because of the whole Fusion thing going on, you get AMD proprietary functions that way.

About the sound card, I dont know a lot about different sound cards but I do know that you should get the best possible audio in RO2 with this: [url]http://asia.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=208&product=17791[/URL]

Upvote 0
Today's Killer,

Your Gateway's mobo has a 780G chipset, it SHOULD be able to run the Phenom955 but it has a risk factor because it's a Foxconn motherboard with some crappy Gateway bios.

Google didn't give me too much results on the Gateway DX4300 (I assume is what you have)

The GTX560Ti is about 15 to 20% faster then the GTX560

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the 560 has less shader cores and lower clock speed.
(Shader cores are disabled because they didn't pass the testing phase and repackaged as a lesser product)
The same practice is what makes AMD have Tri-Cores and Dual core Phenoms.

There are some variations of the GTX560 that are factory overclocked, and they perform close to 560Ti but the Ti is simply the better card.

Thanks to everyone who replied...I'm just gonna post on this message.

I've decided to wait on the CPU, since you said AMD is coming out with newer ones (maybe I can get older ones on sale or something)...

But with the 560 TI, since it has higher shader/Core Clock/Strem Processors/effective memory clock/etc, etc...and not higher Memory Size, it makes it the better card? (Will 1 GB Memory Size last me a few years? like 3+? or will games require you to have more?

I know someone posted it only benefits to have 2 GB if you have 3 monitors...So the TI is the way to go than? The Memory Size doesn't matter much in games?

and I know the TI has over clocking abilites (which I've never done, and have no idea how to do)...:D

but again, thanks for the help everyone.

-TodaysKiller

EDIT: The 560 TI doesn't have higher Shader or Core Clocks than the 2 GB 560...all it has higher is the Effective Memory Clock and more Processor Cores...(Would I be better off going with the 2 GB one than?...I know you all said the 560 TI is 15-20% better, but I'm not seeing how if it has the same Clock Speeds, and a tad bit more memory clock and processors)...Or do more processors and a tad bit more memory clock make that big of a difference?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have a HP laptop with:
Windows 7
Intel(R)Core(TM)i5 CPU M460 @2.53GHZ 2.53GHZ
8GB ram
64 BIT OS
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650(1GB card)

So it seems I'm only lacking in the CPU department. What kind of FPS do you think I could pull on high? Hypothetically of course:eek:

Yoshi said the game will be more GPU intensive,so for high settings ur lacking on both,but you can run it on low-med...5650Mobility is not equal 5650 desktop graphics,its a good 20%-30% weaker if not more...

Upvote 0
I built my computer last year - Core i7/Lynnfield.

But I kept my old graphics card (Nvidia 6600) and figured I'd wait until RO2 was released to upgrade.

My only worry is .... will an AMD 6750 (rebaged 5750) be enough to run the game at 1080P and still get 80 - 100FPS reliably? I picked up a 120Hz monitor and would like to make use of that.

If not ... what fps range can I expect with a 6750 @ 1080p (maxed out settings)? .... or for that matter a 6850 or 6950?

I don't want to spend more than I need to but I don't want to cheep out and not make the best use of my new monitor either.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I'd honestly grab a gtx560 or 560ti if I were you. The perks of the newer AMD cards really only hold if you are a) playing crysis b) using multiple monitors while gaming c) have an AMD CPU. 560's are just like the 460's from last generation: they are the best bang for your buck card currently on the market. Plus, nvidia's 3d vision capabilities are far better than that of AMD if you really do want to make good use of that 120hz monitor. You'll also have no problem getting those framerates while maxed out considering the recommended cards are a 5750 and gtx260, cards which are 1-2 generations old and are both iterations of lower end cards on the current market. shoot me a message on STEAM if you wanna talk moar :IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I built my computer last year - Core i7/Lynnfield.

But I kept my old graphics card (Nvidia 6600) and figured I'd wait until RO2 was released to upgrade.

My only worry is .... will an AMD 6750 (rebaged 5750) be enough to run the game at 1080P and still get 80 - 100FPS reliably? I picked up a 120Hz monitor and would like to make use of that.

If not ... what fps range can I expect with a 6750 @ 1080p (maxed out settings)? .... or for that matter a 6850 or 6950?

I don't want to spend more than I need to but I don't want to cheep out and not make the best use of my new monitor either.

Thanks

I've been using the frame estimator in the custom build section of cyberpowerpc to get an idea of how certain cpus and graphics boards work together like this 560ti example > http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer_Infinity_8800_Pro/ . The components can be swapped around and you will get FPS estimates for about half to a third of the builds you try.

the "configurator"
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/category/configurator/ will let you start with different cpus and you plug in the rest.

Not perfect by any means but it will give you an idea of the general ballpark for a build.

Upvote 0
I'd honestly grab a gtx560 or 560ti if I were you. The perks of the newer AMD cards really only hold if you are a) playing crysis b) using multiple monitors while gaming c) have an AMD CPU. 560's are just like the 460's from last generation: they are the best bang for your buck card currently on the market.
:

i've been interested in th 560 as i want a decent amount of power for a low wattage ( i previously thought all nvidia cards were power hungry)- i dont need a high end just to run arma 2 pretty well.
i had previously thought of the 5770 - another low power card but obviously the 560 trumps it.
I but recently discovered the ati 6850 is close to the 560 but with less power draw and a cheaper retail price.

I guess id rather have an nvid - i have a p5n32 sli board with 6600 dual - although i don't see myself going sli. Will a single nvidia serve me better than Ati in this setup?
Are there any other cards in the 150watt or lower bracket that give good performance?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@ Titus, I don't care about the monitor's 3D ability. I can't see the 3D effect well in movies and it just makes me dizzy. I was mainly sold by how smooth it was at higher frame rates. The 560Ti is a pretty competitive card but I'm sold on ATI for my next one.

@ dogbadger, remember that those TDP #s are maximum values. An efficient card running a game that doesn't push it to its limits will run far below TDP. The AMD 6950's range goes from 20 watt @ idle all the way to 200 watt maximum, IIRC. Powertune also mixes things up.

Have the tripwire guys done any testing with 120Hz monitors before? .... and what were your guidelines for creating your "recommended" settings. Are those cards adequate for maxed out settings on 1080p monitors .... or recommended for more standard graphics settings?

Upvote 0
so in what part of story Stalingrad became german? how Red Orchestra associates with swastika? its already not enough to be 'both sides story', its necessary to glorify and rehabilitate one certain side, while opposite ought to be blackened with help of dusty propaganda from 'deutsche wochenshau' and under excuse of... 'hammer and sickle is forbidden in several european countries' that were most active collaborants of nazi germany in past.

I just wanted to reply to this post, as it made me - as uncomfortable I am to admit it - livid by a liberal use of a sweeping generalisation.

Centimeter, I believe you are applying the wrong lens to this. The hammer and the sickle are forbidden in these east European countries not due to the fact that - as you indelicately put it - they were most active German collaborationists, but - in my perception as an inhabitant of one of the countries mentioned - ones that have been among the most victimised by the SU. Personally, I don't really mind either of the symbols (i.e. neither the Nazi nor the communist ones), but the rationale behind the introduction of the ban is rather clear to me.

There can be no other explanation, unless you are actually consciously suggesting that the current governments of these countries are trying to honour some supposed fascist tradition. Is that so? Do you see these aforementioned eastern European countries as fascist? Should that really be so, how will you explain the fact that the public display of a swastika is, among other places, also forbidden in Hungary and Poland?

Have a good day.

Upvote 0
Funny, system specs have never really been an issue for me before. I hadn't played games for years until I got hooked on RO. Here's the deal: I use a laptop, and the one I have isn't all that old (1-2 years) but I can tell I might be in trouble, at least in the CPU dept. But I'd REALLY like to do the pre-order and get the deluxe edition.

So.. since several of you have been willing to weigh in on different peoples' specs, here are mine and I welcome any advice as to whether I'll have an ok experience:

Intel Core2Duo P7350 2.0 GHz
4 GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 (512 MB)
Windows 7, 64 bit

I'm okay with lowering some graphic settings, etc. in game. When I see "minimum requirement" I tend to take that at face value (and my CPU is below it) but from what I'm reading, it might be able to run it. Can't really afford a new box right now, as much as I'd like one :(

Thanks guys!

Upvote 0
I have the following and am hoping to be able to run things on "medium", maybe someone with more hardware knowledge can give me more insight?

Intel E8500 3.15GHz
8GB DDR2 1066 RAM
1GB ATI 4870
Audigy 2

here's hoping I don't have to turn too much stuff down.......eventhough I absolutely loved playing RO for many years now....I would hate to be stuck there while the rest of you are enjoying RO2! hehe ;)

Upvote 0
I realise that my system is on the lower end of the spectrum but I am hoping to be able to play with *most* settings on medium?

Intel E8500 3.16GHz
8GB 1066 RAM
1GB Asus 4870 (I could potentially add a second one in crossfire if it would really help)

I did play Homefront a while back and I understand that both games (Hf and RO) use a modified UE3? I did not get great performance in Hf and had to have almost everything on "low". Of course here's hoping the Tripwire team have done a better job at "optimizing" the engine. :)

Upvote 0
I realise that my system is on the lower end of the spectrum but I am hoping to be able to play with *most* settings on medium?

Intel E8500 3.16GHz
8GB 1066 RAM
1GB Asus 4870 (I could potentially add a second one in crossfire if it would really help)

I did play Homefront a while back and I understand that both games (Hf and RO) use a modified UE3? I did not get great performance in Hf and had to have almost everything on "low". Of course here's hoping the Tripwire team have done a better job at "optimizing" the engine. :)
That processor does easily 3,8GHz if youre willing to overclock.

Upvote 0